Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never actually seen sleeves or gussets in person and my Jeeps in the shop getting it done right now. Does anyone know if there is anything I should look for or check when I pick it up? I would imagine the gussets are obvious, but sleeves - not a clue. They could probably fake it and I'd have no clue. I hate being ignorant...

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Weld in sleeves or press in?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Artec axle armour

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
I would be checking the integrity/location of their welds and whether they painted over them to prevent rust.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish I had done a little more research before I brough it in so I knew what I was doing, but it was kind of a last minute thing on which kit to go with. They are an all jeep shop and said they like this kit & do it all the time so I just kind of trusted them. I have to spray my lca/shock skids that they are welding on at the same time so I will hit these too, if they need it.

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
don't forget to ask them if they removed your ball joints prior to welding. that will give you a heads up for future headaches.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They originally said $500 for parts & labor, but I had other things done at the same time so I think it was more like $450 or so.

They are a 4x4 shop - actually I think strictly Jeeps. Not a dealer.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Saw the Commando Green for the first time yesterday (in person)...I Love It

1 - 18 of 18 Posts