Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just got her tonight 6 miles on the clock! Can't wait to cut it up!!!

Plans:
Grab bars
LEDs
3" lift
D30 braces ( looking for a good one ASAP while the axle is minty new to get the best welds please suggest good options )
35's
Front window tints
Flares
Gas door
Katzskin leather and seat heaters
Rear seat recliner mod
And I'm sure much more.

Feel free to post suggestions as I build it. I DO ALL MY OWN WORK AS WELL CANT WAIT TO SHARE MY RESULTS

please feel free to give imput on high quality parts not Looking for any junk
Thanks for everything so far! I'm stoked to be here
:iamhappy:

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
Congrats!

Before throwing money and parts at it other than cosmetics, what is your intended use?

Artec Front Axle Armor Kit for the win.

You should also address gearing for 35s.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
nice jeep and good package coming along.

a few things:

1) Address tire carrier issue- new bumper w/tire carrier or just tire carrier: Teraflex, Poison Spyder, Evo, Gen Right

2) Regearing 4:56 would be nice and synergy ball joints while at it and lockers-why not :)

3) Flashlight, Fire Extinguisher, Air Compressor, First Aid Kit, Tools

4) Spiderwebshade

5) Try to drive topless/ doorless as often you can- you will love it even more.

Good Luck and have fun with the build and good call on doing everything by yourself

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice! I bought the rear seat recliners today and i'm looking to order my katzskin leather... once thats all settled im going to look at a lift... rancho has some good rebates going what does everyone think of their products?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the rock krawler lifts. 2.5" max travel specifically I think for the 90% onroad and 10% logging roads and easy trails up at the lake house this will be more than I need... I also looked at the treeaflex2.5 without shocks I plan on getting 9000 ranchos or billsteins 5100 please shed some light on lift options do I really need adj lca's ? Do I need any other stuff besides the lift kit and shocks ? I'm planning on 35's with 17x9 wheels and a 4.5" bs for sure. I already have a buddy who wants my stock rims and tires right now ? Thinking of asking 1400$ ? Is that fair or too low of a price

Katzskin stuff is gonna be here tomorrow and I already got the seat spacers for the rear
Removed the willys decals and the stupid 4 wheel drive one along with a diy antenna shortening

·
Super Moderator
15,363 Posts
Thinking of asking 1400$ ? Is that fair or too low of a price
I asked 1k and took $900 for mine.

do I really need adj lca's ?
When you lift a Jeep the axles move inward to the center of the vehicle. CAs (or relo brackets) put the axles back to stock location or sometimes even pushed outward a little more.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I bought a Spod today :) and a 50" led bar for the windshield... Put down a deposit on the bushwacker flat flares as well... They should be here Monday... He had a un claimed set on the way! Although I didn't want to spend 430$ on light switches I think it will be a great investment for any accessories I want to add later and it keeps a nice factor un ghetto oem look inside and under the hood.... I plan on keeping this truck for at least 5 years so I'm all about doing it right.... Ordering the lift kit this week... Need to get it in que before I take the gtr on the corsa America road rally next week.. After wrenching on the GTR all morning installing my pile of parts I'm struggling to find motivation to work of the jeep. Maybe after the hawks game! I'll take lots of pics and post em upas I install the LEDs and Spod !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I got the Spod installed but decided against the 50" led bar. I'm going with cube LEDs and a bumper bar instead. Returned it and used the $ for the flares and bought a rock krawler 2.5" X factor kit from rock ridge with bump stops and billsteins 5100's :) also called up the guys at Jcr offroad and ordered my front bumper! Lift should be here Friday also planning on ordering the 35's and some 17" mickey Thompson wheels tomorrow! The gtr is done too so hopefully I can install this lift ASAP Katzkin leather also showed up just dragging my heels on the install! So many parts so little time :( I promise I'll have pics soon I'm just super busy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wellll here are the pics ! i got the rock krawler 2.5 mack daddy X-FACTOR kit with billsteins on 17x9 mickeythompson deegan 2 wheels with Hercules trail digger 35" mt tires ( for anyone looking these hercules tires are excellent! i run them on all our work trucks and they last and perform so I tried them on this project.. 3 ply sidewall and a solid looking tread for 201$ each! at my discount so far they are pretty quiet to! )

the led cubes

katzkin interior...

debating on installing the bushwackers since i think i will need a 37 so it doesnt look stupid...

the jcr front bumper and skid along with the teraflex hd tire carrier and appropriate spare going on tomorrow hopefully... not enough hours in the day to install these dang mods lol

let me know what you guys think

1 - 15 of 15 Posts