Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With space slowing becoming a factor, and without knowing what the new coils might offer us in a new height, we're left wondering IF we actually have room for a slimline roof rail system which would be used to support 1 or 2 awnings..

I've contacted Gobi & Front Runner about this.. and have yet to look any farther. Both locations have said they once we purchase the product, we could drive to their location for pickup or an in house installation. Which suits our traveling build style.

So in your opinion, whats the slimmest, closet roof rails (without the addition of the roof rack) we can place on or around a unlimited wrangler with a soft top?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Shit, that soft top really screws you. The lowest profile stuff i have seen mounts directly to the hardtop. I havent seen much for a soft top that isnt like the full gobi racks.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well this give the shop something to design & build for us, assuming one can't locate a rail system. Just have to wait and see what the take off coils and new tires will give us toward the height of the jeep. Can't say I like the new community rules.. but we have to deal with it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10/4 searching now @dawhitesJKU

Edit:

Looking at all the Warrior products via @Quadratec It appears maybe even the water rails or Safari sport rails would suit our needs. Just depends if the awning can be attached to these.

Edit II:

Actually searching for "Roof Rails" via @Quadratec pin points something a bit more of what we're thinking:

Wouldn't need the rack tray.. as we could slide the crossbeams farther out and create a small cubbyhole or pocket right at the corner of the soft top for the awning/s.

Thanks for the general direction towards what we're needing.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
10/4 searching now @dawhitesJKU

Edit:

Looking at all the Warrior products via @Quadratec It appears maybe even the water rails or Safari sport rails would suit our needs. Just depends if the awning can be attached to these.

Edit II:

Actually searching for "Roof Rails" via @Quadratec pin points something a bit more of what we're thinking:

Wouldn't need the rack tray.. as we could slide the crossbeams farther out and create a small cubbyhole or pocket right at the corner of the soft top for the awning/s.

Thanks for the general direction towards what we're needing.
I don't like exo cage style racks but that one looks pretty good. Nice and tight to the body and low profile up top. Don't see why you couldn't fab ub some awning mounts that would work with that.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would definitely keep the awning in tight and right on top or at least near the roof line without any sort of overhang.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts