Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to cram a CB radio into the YJ somewhere, and this slot looks to have been designed just for that sort of thing... (see pic below)
The problem is it doesn't quite measure 4 1/4" wide and after looking around at used/NOS radios online, I'm not sure what would actually fit and what wouldn't... Most seem to measure right at or just over that width, and my tape measure says the slot is just under 4 1/4"...

What do you folks use that slot for?
And if you've crammed a CB radio in there, what make/model do you have, so I can be sure I'm gonna be able to make it work? (I've had Radio Shack's CB's before, the ones from their last decade in business, and was happy with whatever rebranded models those were).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow I'm a moron. That's DEFINITELY formerly the home of the ash tray.

That's hilarious that I didn't realize that, because I crammed a CB radio into an ashtray slot on the '93 4Runner I used to have. So I definitely should have connected the dots.

So I guess the question becomes this:
Anyone crammed a CB radio into that spot? And if so, what make/model?

·
Super Moderator
10,631 Posts
Welcome to the Forum caracal,

Some consoles have a space for a radio or CB. Smittybilt (around $125.00) or Tuffy (about double the Smittybilt price) come to mind. There might be others.
The Tuffy is supposed to be more secure. The opening for a radio or CB is for a DIN sized radio and should easily accommodate most CBs.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts