Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday i put it in 4Lo just for the heck of it been awhile (hardly ever use 4LO) and when pressing the gas it hardly moved as if I was in neutral but it did move a bit, it just seemed less power then before when i used it on pavement to see how it drove for a piece of pavement but yesterday it was way off. I even stepped on it to feel it pull but nothing just did it when releasing cluth but after that seemd as the rpms went up but the Jeep didnt move much. Is this the beginning of something wrong with 4LO? yes light came on and esp off and all that Yes it was in 4LO. No grinding when getting it in there or anything. 2Hi and 4HI work just fine. No work has been done to it. I did change the trans,tc, and differential fluids last weekend tho. Still under the drive train warranty but wanted to get some answers if this is normal or not before I take to dealership. I saw on here several people drive it on 4LO often on trials. I have gone but always seem to be in 4HI never had to put it in 4LO it seems un driveable when I tried yesterday as if it was extremely slow and no power, just rpms going up..

I have a 2010 JKUR 6 speed manual by the way

·
Administrator
12,630 Posts
while it will be slower in 4L it should move along just fine.. rpms should not go way up before it moves.. I would try again.. make sure you on dirt or grass not a hard dry surface.

·
Registered
684 Posts
while it will be slower in 4L it should move along just fine.. rpms should not go way up before it moves.. I would try again.. make sure you on dirt or grass not a hard dry surface.
Sounds like it wasn't fully engaged. Try it again, like 4Jeepn said.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I was on dirt surface a mild trail and when I tried it. It just pulls at 1st when releasing clutch out which is normal if ur giving gas and releasing clutch. So when clutch was fully out I then applied gas but just moved extremely slow as if no power or not engaging fully and rpms jsut kept going up. So after that I tried on pavement with same result just tried it there to try other surface. I also tried 2nd gear to drive on it but same result, to me it just seemed not enough pull

·
Registered
616 Posts
You probably weren't fully engaged in 4lo. It happens to me sometimes. The esp goes off and everything seems like its in 4lo but it doesn't move. Next time just rug in the shifter a bit more.

·
Registered
684 Posts
If it doesn't engage,try letting it roll slowly forward(while shifting into 4l); this will help the gears align.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts