Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past several years I had the problem of having to fill my gas tank at a painfully slow rate because back pressure would keep shutting off the pump.

I finally decided to address the problem and started by replacing the filler tube with the Mopar unit that has the check valve built in. That did not solve my problem.

After watching several YouTube videos about the problem I decided to use compressed are to blow out all of the lines attached to the evap canister, including the evap canister. When I got to blowing out the line that goes from the evap canister to the tail light area my garage was filled with clouds of Moab red dust. IT WORKED! Yesterday, for the first time in several years, I was able to fill my gas tank at a fast rate and the pump clicked off exactly when the tank was full.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
damn where were you 17 years ago when I had my mazda protege 5 that did the same thing!!!! :p

·
Registered
396 Posts
I recently had the same problem but for a completely different reason. I relocated my evap canister, and tried to push some random hose out of the way. Two things...

1. Why the hell is that hose coming out at an angle, to only straighten up later,
2. Why the hell is that white thing welded to the tank, so if anything breaks, you have to replace the whole damned tank!

The white plastic nipple broke off. So I used a piece of brake line, bent so the damn nipple is parallel to that other line, and epoxied it into the holes, drilled out slightly to fit.

My first fill-up was a failure, cause I epoxied the hole shut, Oops. Easy fix, and good to go now!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts