Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport back in Feb of 2014. She has never seemed to have descent acceleration and just seems sluggish once she does get to speed. I went from a Firebird to a Jeep, so I figured maybe I'm used to the pep of a Firebird, but she always seem sluggish. On rare days she seems full of pep, ready to race, but most days she seems lethargic and very simple city street inclines slow her down. I mentioned it to the dealer and they said it would take a few thousand miles for the Jeep computer to get used to my driving style. She now has 20,000 miles and still no difference. In fact, new problems have developed: there are times it seems the transmission jolts/slips when I come to a stop and take off. Also, there is an occasional loud metal slapping sound (from the transmission I assume) when I go from park to drive. I 'think' this only occurs when I'm parks on an incline. I've also been told my lack of acceleration/pep could be due to the fact I have the max tow package on my Jeep. I'm not sure. Other Jeeps fly by me on the road, accelerate much quicker than me at a green light, etc. Am I being paranoid, or does this sound like a legit problem? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Notes:
Mileage: 20,000
I have the oil changes regularly.
I am the only owner.
No modifications have been made to the Jeep.
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport, 4 door, 2014

Thank you!

-Arnold

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Sounds like a legit problem....you may need to take it to a new dealer. Max tow would help you accelerate faster.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Yep, take it in and do not let them tell you that is normal. If they try that, make them let you test drive one they have on the lot with the service manager, then switch to your jeep with the service manager riding along. It should not be doing any of what you described. Take it in while you still have a full warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The worst part is every time I take it in for them to check the metal slapping park won't happen around them. When they test drive it they say it has plenty of pep. *sigh*

Thanks guys! I'll try again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts