Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to find some side steps for my jee that will easily mount underneath and that are inexpensive but will look nice also. I have a 99 tj. Any suggestions? Here is a pic of my car to help narrow it down.
Ive seen universal foot pegs that inlike but i wanted some insight from other jeepers.

Attachments

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
If you wheel it, you might not want to hang anything permanent below the tub....it will get hung up. Some use things like a length of chain so it's flexible.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
The best steps ever for a Jeep '99 TJ are the factory ones.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'd get a rock sliders. Not sure how inexpensive you're looking for but with eBay and Craigslist you can find some pretty sweet deals out there

·
Registered
459 Posts
I noticed from your pic that you already have rocker guards. You could add some tubing to those to make a slider bar like I have. They aren't as handy as a actual step but they do help as a step and aren't prone to getting hung up off-road. they sit just above the bottom of the tub so the first step up is rather high.

image-1591766478.jpg

·
Registered
437 Posts
I was just at the local linex place and they had some simple looking steps that they said could be put on. Although, like was stated above, you will lose a bit of ground clearance by doing so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts