Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just now starting to want to mod my '04 TJ more and more. Wanting to find more and more things to do, but I'd say I'm ballin' on a budget. Today I took off my bumper end caps (or some people call them milk cartons) any other things like this or maybe spend a few bucks to make it look sharper? Here are my before and after pics as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
There are caps that make the ends angled like a rock crawler bumper from qtech or 4wp.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
rattle can your headlight bezels.

use a heat gun on your flares to un-fade them, or maybe a hair dryer might work.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I put these lights in my stock bumper for around 25$ and I plan on getting the end caps there around 25 for the rear. I hear you on the budget get on Craigslist I found alot of cool stuff for cheap on there or you can trade I picked up some Olympic sliders that I traded a tool for. Nice jeep btw!

View attachment 274255

·
Registered
166 Posts
image-1782307337.jpg

Total cost was like 50 bucks?

I stripped down the front bumper. Made a template of where to cut the ends off and remount the fog lights. Sanded the entire bumper down, cut off the ends with a sawzall, Grinded them smooth, coated with rustoleum rust restorer, used self tapping screws for the fog lights and extended the wires, and finally added tow hooks.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Total cost was like 50 bucks?

I stripped down the front bumper. Made a template of where to cut the ends off and remount the fog lights. Sanded the entire bumper down, cut off the ends with a sawzall, Grinded them smooth, coated with rustoleum rust restorer, used self tapping screws for the fog lights and extended the wires, and finally added tow hooks.
Looks great man!

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you like blacked out stuff you can plastidip the wheels and head light bezels. It's like 6 bucks a can and took about 5 or 6 cans for my entire jeep. Also I put LED interior lights in mine and got an aftermarket radio for about 50 bucks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the ideas so far! Bug shield will come off tomorrow just to see. I've been thinking about the interior lights, I just might have to pull the trigger on those. I don't like how much my wells are faded, but a hair dryer sounds kind of dangerous (like possible damage). Any proof of that working or precautions I should take?

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Thanks for all of the ideas so far! Bug shield will come off tomorrow just to see. I've been thinking about the interior lights, I just might have to pull the trigger on those. I don't like how much my wells are faded, but a hair dryer sounds kind of dangerous (like possible damage). Any proof of that working or precautions I should take?
Just paint the flares. Last longer

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you are considering painting the infamous fading flares, it might be good to look into the rubberized paints. With the flex that goes with wheelin, it's less likely to chip or crack. I repainted mine about 6 years ago after trying the heat gun thing and they are still in good shape. Just remember to either take them off or use lots of tape to prevent overspray.

·
Registered
864 Posts
On the faded fender flares I would recommend painting them. Using a heat gun does weaken them some, how much is debatable.
I would mask off the surrounding body. Taking the flares off is a royal pain. Scrub them with a scotch bright pad wipe down with alcohol. Then paint them with your choice of Krylon fusion, plasti-dip, or bed liner.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Bed-liner bed-liner and MORE bed-liner! :) $8 can of Rustoleum bed-liner spray can can make a significant difference in the look. I did my grill and the front part of the fender around the turn signal. 3 coats looks great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bed-liner bed-liner and MORE bed-liner! :) $8 can of Rustoleum bed-liner spray can can make a significant difference in the look. I did my grill and the front part of the fender around the turn signal. 3 coats looks great!
Pictures?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's a before then after of my flare. PO had painted I guess. Poor job. I sanded then used self etching primer. Spray truck bed liner. Like 7 bucks at Walmart. Primer less than 5 I think. (Also used these to paint my mirrors, brake light cages and plastic aroun gas cap. It's awesome). Just tape and cover for spray. Also did some screws that were rusting. Now they accent. You'll notice them in mirror pucture

I love the textured look

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts