Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently I'm the only one who prefers a little "rake" so I'm having a tough time figuring out what small lift to get. Just added 33"'s and really don't "need" a lift other than aesthetics. I feel like the 2" leveling kit gives the best look in front, but don't want to loose any height in rear in comparison is possible.

I don't really go off road other than beach but I tow quite a bit with mine. I also am about to add the water bumper mod so will have an additional 70 or so lbs back there quite often. My plans would include towing with the full bumper, so I feel the rake is beneficial to me.

Does anyone make a small lift that raises both front and back equally or is there a recommended way to do this? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Synergy springs. They have 1" springs. Do 1" front and rear to keep rake. These springs will give you an improved ride on/off road plus handle the weight from towing better. Their 1" wil net from 1" to 2" depending on how heavy you run. Your factory shocks will work with them but an upgrade to those with some Fox would be a good combination.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts

2.5 Budget Lift. I am running 285 (32.9) and it looks better in person. The picture doesn't do it justice. I am happy with it.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
OME 2" lift. It keeps the rake and is a good quality setup.

Mike

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Thanks guys. I should have mentioned I was more leaning toward the spacer/puck lift for budget purposes.

Would this be a decent option? Never heard of them in my searching....

Synergy Jeep JK Synergy Spacer Kit
In my opinion a poly Coil Spring Spacer is a poly spacer. You can really get any brand. Teralfex aren't over priced and they'll hold up pretty well over time. If you get equal sizes front and back you'll maintain the factory rake. Depending on how high you go, you might want to look at Shocks or shock extenders. Also check your bump stops to make sure you don't end up with coil bind. Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan

·
Registered
619 Posts
Can't speak to that one. I have the daystar 1.75" lift and love it. Had it for about 2.5 years with no problems. I see there's one on amazon warehouse (customer return) right now for $82. Teraflex seems to be another popular option.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've heard that the AEV JK 2.0" Spacer Suspension maintains the rake and will fit 33's with factory fenders.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi; I'am useing the Synergy Spacer Puck Kit ( 1 3/4 in front and 3/4 inch in rear; Love it, and retains a little of the Jeep Rake.

View attachment 2342161

:tomatoes:
Did you need to adjust anything else after installing the pucks? Alignment or anything?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't speak to that one. I have the daystar 1.75" lift and love it. Had it for about 2.5 years with no problems. I see there's one on amazon warehouse (customer return) right now for $82. Teraflex seems to be another popular option.
Got a link for that? I couldn't find it

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
You can replace your Mopar factory coil springs to Mopar 19's in front and 60's in back like I did. I replaced the factory shocks to RS9000XL's and the ride is better than stock. Firm with less body roll. I gained approx. 1.75" in front and 1.25" inch in back.
But after adding the weight(115lbs) of the Mopar Offroad Winch(no winch installed yet) Bumper with optional steel skid plate, the front has come down some.

Factory springs:

Mopar 19/60 Springs, before front Bumper/Skid install:

After front Mopar Offroad Bumper/Skid install. Some sag from the extra weight. 1/2 to 3/4 inch loss.

Note: I had already replaced the factory rear bumper with a Mopar Offroad Bumper w/ Tire carrier(110lbs.) prior to replacing the springs.

Mopar 19/60 springs were approx. $125 for all four springs. Shocks were about $200 after rebate.

Still retains a little bit of the JK "Rake".

·
Registered
619 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts