Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a sturdy functional mount for my samsung galaxy s3. I really want quality, cost is the least of decision makers. Thoughts photos?

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
x2 on the proclip no drilling, it snaps in place and can be removed easily when not in use and it pivots for landscape mode. Only downside is the price

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ram works real nice. Works with any case on your phone. Switch the head and I can mount my Nexus 7, iPad or pretty much whatever I want. Easy on and off.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
So I decided to "rig" a phone holder out of something that was already there from the previous owner. Maybe someone out there will know what this used to be. Compass? Anyway I just put in a little silver bolt and clip my otterbox phone case to it. It's been great so far and although it's not super tight, it aint coming off any time soon. Funny, when I bought the otterbox for my phone I thought "who uses this stupid clip thing anyway?" Turns out I can't be without that clip ha.
ps sorry for the sideways pics

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Looking to get a sturdy functional mount for my samsung galaxy s3. I really want quality, cost is the least of decision makers. Thoughts photos?
This with a quality tube mount, maybe ram mount, or mount guys.
Vector Offroad (2011+ JK)

I've always liked that one. It will be on my next batch purchase this month. You can add whatever has a tube mount available (by purchase or included), like bibycle/motorcycle mounts. That includes smartphones, tablets, gps, in dash cameras. And, you still retain the inner dock basket.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I use the Daystar upper dash panel mount along with an iMagnet universal mount. Took the magnet mount end off the iMagnet base and screwed it on the Daystart mount. Put the small, thin metal disc that came with the iMagnet in the case on my phone. Have used this method with a S4, Moto X and now a Nexus 5 without any issue. When I get in the car I just "stick" my phone to the iMagnet mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
I now have two of these, and love them,
Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Snap Magnetic Vehicle Mount for Mobile Devices with Yellow Safety Sticker: GPS & Navigation

I have a Galaxy Note 3 and could not find a good mount that would work, until I tried this one,

I have it slipped in between the gap at the top of my head unit, have it in the CD Slot in our Navigator. It comes with two metal squares w/backing tape, I just slipped it inside my case. The mount is magnetic, holds well, have not had a problem with the phone falling off.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I modified an old Garmin mount: bolted the base to the top of my dash panel and replaced the clip part with a 'universal' one that I found on Amazon.

Works great as a dash-cam:

...or for taking 'selfies' :p

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Ram works real nice. Works with any case on your phone. Switch the head and I can mount my Nexus 7, iPad or pretty much whatever I want. Easy on and off.
X2. Very sturdy. And high quality.

I have mine mounted so that my iphone is pressed against the dash. Keeps the phone from shaking when I use it to record video.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I wanted to go with something like this that had a RAM mount on it, and then you attach the arm and mount

So, I just bought a RAM 1" ball with a threaded rod, and a 6" arm and a x-grip mount. Should have it this week... I have a 13JK, so I can remove one of the decorative allen heads and it should work like a charm.

·
Registered
302 Posts
So, I just bought a RAM 1" ball with a threaded rod, and a 6" arm and a x-grip mount. Should have it this week... I have a 13JK, so I can remove one of the decorative allen heads and it should work like a charm.
I like it. What size is the threaded rod?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts