Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Wrangler has recently started smelling nasty. Couldn't pin it down but I've finally located where it's coming from.

It's the hard top connectors/wires. I took my hard top off and my Jeep smells fine, but the top in the garage has this foul, dead-animal fish food like smell coming from where you connect the washer fluid and electrical cables. Has anyone had this happen before?

For picture reference, it's where the small black square is next to the rear window.

I want this smell gone. If I have to remove those connectors and clean, or flush out the fluid somehow I will. Just PLEASE ANYONE help me figure out what it is :atomic:

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'm thinking probably a dead mouse in there. Little buggers are a pain when they die in a vehicle.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking probably a dead mouse in there. Little buggers are a pain when they die in a vehicle.
Do you really think it's possible for one to get in there.....? Not much of an opening

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Updated the picture for clarity; could it be something with the windshield wiper fluid and its hoses/lines?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Mice don't need much of an opening so, yes it could be a mouse. Sounds like you will need to take out the connectors and have a look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts