Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up I'm sure that this has been posted 1000 times but I want some updated answers I am between both of these portable air pump and every time I decide on one somebody persuades me to the other one so please let me hear what your opinions are for either of these Smittybilt seems much stronger but everybody seems to hate Smittybilt I'm not looking for this for a lifetime just for a couple years till I can afford and a nice one I have 35 inch Wrangler duratracs so just looking for the best one to have those filled up thanks guys preciate it

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have used both. The mv 50 eventually failed. Granted i was using it to pressurize a water bottle to 150 psi repetitively for the kids science project. Great noise maker.

I have a few of the 2781 and even one of the 2780. The 2780 is the same as the mv50 while the 2781 is the big boy.

I have one hooked up to a 2.5 gal tank with a pressure switch. Great for almost everything except big air tools. I hardly ever fire up my 25 gal compressor at home except for big jobs.

They use a non-standard threads on the fittings, i guess this is to prevent someone from putting on a closed chuck without a pressure switch.

Anything thats an upgrade from the 2781 is gonna be big bucks, but you can get something with a higher duty cycle. Extreme air magnum comes to mind, eventually ill build one with a winch motor and york compressor but till then I always have co2.

Just remember to oil the air filter. Just pop off the chrome cover to get to the filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts