Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the smittybilt 77717 roof rack. The rack is rattling driving me insane. I changed the bolts for new 3/8 bolt nuts instead of the Allan key with garbage so I can wrench the roof tight dint change anything. Getting desperate need help anybody!!!!

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It might be worth giving Smittybilt a call and see if they have any advise on reducing or eliminating rattles and noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately troubleshoot rattling can be very annoying and frustrated! Have you tried losing up all the bolts and re tighten them?
I was looking into the same rack a while ago. Currently I do have their rock sliders, door hinges side steps and tailgate tire carrier and they works well. I cannot speak for the others but I do have very positive experience with their customer support. I lost or broke some bolts during the installation and they sent me brand new extra hardware without any extra cost and they shipped quick too! Give them a call :)

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Racks will rattle, even the real expensive ones just simply because there are lots of joints. You may try putting a heavy water proof grease on the joints. And rubber washers on the bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts