Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience or opinions about the smittybilt classic rock rails as an alternative to factory rubicon rock rails? They are significantly cheaper in price. I realize this may also reflect in the quality which is why I'm posting this. What say you??

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I've been happy with mine, never landed on them so can't speak to how they will hold up. The textured finish looks as good as the day I got them just about a year ago and unlike some they have welded, closed ends so no water can get in them. The only complaint I would have is they are slightly short on the back end. The second picture is not great but you can see a little white in front of the back wheel where the rail does not quite reach the end of the body.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
i havent run them but you might check out ace engineering...they r made in the usa and i have some rails that stick out and they are awesome...288 including shipping from krawl offroad....smittybilt i think is chinese...i wouldnt plug for ace but i think we all need to make an effort to buy american

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While the ace rails look nice and I'm all for buying american products, they aren't even close to what I want. So far, all I've seen that fit my want is the factory rubi rails or the ones I mention from smittybilt. If you have another american made alternative that looks like these feel free to share.

·
Registered
261 Posts
have you tried lod? evo offroad or any of those places...or take your jeep down to a metal fab shop and have them bend you some thick wall rectangluar tubing and make you some mounts....tougher than most stuff you can buy if you know how to do that stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts