Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m looking at the dirty dog 4x4 rear cargo net vs the Smittybilt CRES2 and all I see is “Dirty dog is $350 for an over priced net that doesn’t even fit well etc” or “Smittybilt is garbage that falls apart” so for someone who just wants it to keep my dog safe in my 2 door JK can someone give me the scoop on their experience? I’ve looked at a ton of forums but still haven’t drawn a conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Hey guys, I’m looking at the dirty dog 4x4 rear cargo net vs the Smittybilt CRES2 and all I see is “Dirty dog is $350 for an over priced net that doesn’t even fit well etc” or “Smittybilt is garbage that falls apart” so for someone who just wants it to keep my dog safe in my 2 door JK can someone give me the scoop on their experience? I’ve looked at a ton of forums but still haven’t drawn a conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe not the answer you're looking for... I looped a rock climbing rope around the sound bar. I hook my dogs car harness to it and he's in it while we ride. It's long enough he can reach the sides and rear, but can't go over. (of he managed that somehow, he'd never go beyond the tub).

Far cheaper than netting your wrangler.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Also, check out Raingler. I know they make some high quality nets. I used them in a previous vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
Do you mean the CRES HD? I have it on my JKU and love the thing. Really like the convenience of the back netting with clips to get easy access to rear cargo without loosening multiple straps. Thick webbing and looks rock solid. I leave it on under the hardtop since I first got it 2 years ago. Have had many people ask to look at it when the top is off as they are also deciding what to get. Dirty Dog and Safari Straps and whatever other “premium” cargo netting just ended up being way too expensive for what I was wanting and I would be shocked if there is hundreds of dollars of difference between them. The original CRes looks cheap to me, but this updated one is worth it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts