Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was lookin into gettin a pair of them for my 05 tj, ive heard good and bad . do they rust out? because i heard they were made pretty cheaply

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
i was lookin into gettin a pair of them for my 05 tj, ive heard good and bad . do they rust out? because i heard they were made pretty cheaply
They don't have the best powder coating. Once that peels off they will rust unless you repaint. When I go flattie I will go with the MCE ones. Cheaper and flexible made of plastic so won't ever rust.

About | Modern Classic Enterprises

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've been looking into those too. Ran into a couple different guys running them. Powder coat last like one northeastern winter. I have experience with the rear corner guards and bumpers ,powder coat on them SUCK. Otherwise they are well made. If I buy them I plan to blast off coating and epoxy prime and paint to match being I already have to blast everything else .:(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea that's the main thing i heard was that the powder coat was horrible! Maybe ill just go big and get metalcloak arched fenders! :)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

This is a lil older pic of mine with em on. No complaints from me yet. I do have one spot on em where the PC was damaged by something (it looks like it was faded or stained with a white tint) but its not bad, and one lil spot on the rounded edge near the hood.

Over all, pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts