Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 98 TJ and I believe it at one point had the Smittybilt overhead console in it. It now only has the metal parts left. I have called Smittybilt and they don't sell just the Molle cover for it and it was designed and sold for them.

I've done some online digging and there seems to be tons of molle gear out there but i can't seem to see anything that looks like it would fit around the metal part. Sadly i'm not overly familiar with the Molle system and am not near a military supply place.

Has anyone else had to replace that part of the smittybilt over head console and if so what did you use?

·
Registered
140 Posts
You would need to re-upholster the metal plate with fabric that has the MOLLE weave in it. I would either search e-bay or a surplus store for pre-made MOLLE fabric if you want to try to make a cover yourself, or see an auto upholsterer, though it would probably be cheaper to just by a new overhead console at that point. (and from what I've heard and experienced with Smittybilt, you'll need the spare parts anyway, because they are notorious for sending things out with missing or incorrect hardware)
I just got the Trek Armor MOLLE seat covers for my rig. They only came with one bag per seat, so I hopped on Amazon and ordered some extra MOLLE bags. I haven't installed the seat covers yet, but they look awesome so far and are definitely a very good quality. All the reviews I've seen on them are great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would need to re-upholster the metal plate with fabric that has the MOLLE weave in it. I would either search e-bay or a surplus store for pre-made MOLLE fabric if you want to try to make a cover yourself, or see an auto upholsterer, though it would probably be cheaper to just by a new overhead console at that point. (and from what I've heard and experienced with Smittybilt, you'll need the spare parts anyway, because they are notorious for sending things out with missing or incorrect hardware)
I just got the Trek Armor MOLLE seat covers for my rig. They only came with one bag per seat, so I hopped on Amazon and ordered some extra MOLLE bags. I haven't installed the seat covers yet, but they look awesome so far and are definitely a very good quality. All the reviews I've seen on them are great.
Thank you. That is pretty much what I have decided on too. There is a pretty good military supply store about an hour from where I live so i'll stop by there next time I'm in town. Thank you for your reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts