Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed new seats. Look good not quite as comfy as stock seats but they haven't had time to break in. Just wanted to post some pics for anyone who is thinking about upgrading.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Great looking seats.

If I ever stop being a cheap bastard, maybe one of these days, I'll actually get around to dropping the cash on a pair of seats like these. (Honda S2000).

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also wanted to add that they do sit taller than stock. Think alot has to do with adapter but if you are tall, may have a issue

·
Registered
1997 TJ Iron Squirrel
273 Posts
I had considered the Smittybilt and Rugged Ridge suspension style seats, but heard nothing good from anyone I asked in regards to longevity. They look nice, but I've learned the hard way looks aren't always the best measurement to use. After a ton of research I ended up getting the Corbeau Baja JP seats. They might have cost a bit more because I got the wide ones, but those things are more comfortable than my couch! They don't sit higher much that I've noticed. Hope the Smittybilt ones hold up for ya! That's not my jeep btw just didn't have a pic handy of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
I had considered the Smittybilt and Rugged Ridge suspension style seats, but heard nothing good from anyone I asked in regards to longevity. They look nice, but I've learned the hard way looks aren't always the best measurement to use. After a ton of research I ended up getting the Corbeau Baja JP seats. They might have cost a bit more because I got the wide ones, but those things are more comfortable than my couch! They don't sit higher much that I've noticed. Hope the Smittybilt ones hold up for ya! That's not my jeep btw just didn't have a pic handy of mine.
John, do you have a bar behind the seat that the shoulder belts attach? Cant tell from the picture. Thanks

·
Knows a couple things...
49,381 Posts
I was curious about that too. After a little Photoshop enhancement, it looks like he does indeed have a support bar right at the height it should be. Though Photoshop could have been deceiving my eyes. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the extra 3yr warranty so in about 2 1/2 they will get traded in. Thought about getting sits you pictured but they don't look like they have much cushion for off-road

·
Knows a couple things...
49,381 Posts
I had a set of Bestop Trailmax seats which lasted about 1.5 years, if that long, before the seat bolstering foam rubber collapsed from sliding over it to get in/out of the Jeep. Bestop replaced the seat under warranty and the replacement did the same thing later as well.

I gave up on Chinese seats and now run PRP seats made here in California.

·
Registered
1997 TJ Iron Squirrel
273 Posts
Actually that wasn't my Jeep. I don't have 5pt harnesses so I don't actually need the harness bar, but plan on them in the future. Rock Hard makes a bolt in one that looks the way I'll go if I do. They have great padding and with the high bolsters and fixed back when your strapped down, you ain't moving on or off-road. These are mine:

ForumRunner_20160218_201727.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also wanted to add that they do sit taller than stock. Think alot has to do with adapter but if you are tall, may have a issue
tdill,

My new Smittybilt seat and haven't installed it yet. I got the one that doesn't use the adapter plate instead it has all kinds of crazy hardware that reuses the factory slides.

Was yours the normal plate adapters?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts