Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image-564521019.jpg
After reading the mixed reviews on these steps I decided to give them a try. And I have to say, I like the looks and the install was flawless. Took about 30 minutes for both sides with no altering at all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the info. as I am looking for a set now for my 14 JKU. So all of the mounting holes lined up properly? That is the only complaint I've found for the smittybilts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The alignment holes being off is the complaints I had read about. The passenger side went on with a little wobble room, driver side went on with a slight tap of a hammer. No drilling or grinding had to be done. And yes the yellow stickers have got to go. Not sure if it matters but ordered them from Quadratec. (Free shipping)

·
Registered
12,640 Posts
This has to be one of Smitty's best products, I've seen the beating they can take. They are a little big, but they protect everything pretty well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I like the SRC steps a lot. Is the Smitty sticker just a plain sticker or is there some kind of indentation where this Smitty logo goes?

Any concerns about rust with those welded on step plates?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The sticker is a thin metal like plate glued on. Not really worried about rust on the steps, if it does nothing a little bedliner won't fix.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I love mine as well. Needed thirty seconds of grinding with the Dremel to make them fit, but the fabrication is of no lower standard than stuff I've ordered from other companies and much better than some (yes, you, Tuffy).

·
Registered
849 Posts
I think smitty gets a bad rep but I have never really had too much trouble with any of their products. looks good OP. you may just want to consider bedlining them

·
Registered
191 Posts
When I installed mine, one side fit perfectly and I had to elongate a hole on the other side. No big deal. I also removed the stickers.

Within a week they saved me from significant bodywork when this large piece of crumpled steel rolled out of a truck and into my drivers side step. It was a hard enough hit to shake the whole Jeep. It only slightly dented and scratched down the length of the rail, never touching the body. I touched it up and no problems since. If it still had the Rubicon rails I would've had to have bodywork/paint down the whole side of the Jeep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts