Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I ordered it already funny thing is i got red d rings too. Looks bad ass! What size tires are those?
They are 33's. I have a good connection for powder coated d rings if you ever need more. The bumper is really heavy and the winch doesn't help but I never noticed any front end sag. I have 1.5" suspension and 1" BB.

·
Registered
17 Posts
D-rings, does anyone know of a place that would sell them locally, I tried advance and auto zone, also I stopped by uhaul because they do towing... There's got to be a place that sells them locally!
I know, locally is a relative term

·
Registered
830 Posts
D-rings, does anyone know of a place that would sell them locally, I tried advance and auto zone, also I stopped by uhaul because they do towing... There's got to be a place that sells them locally!
I know, locally is a relative term
A tractor supply would have them.
You can also check any local 4x4 shops.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Search for eBay user 4wd-winchlines they mostly sell synthetic winch lines but they have a great source for powder coated D Rings and the shipping is really fast.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont want to use the stock torque bolts that are on the bumper already. does anyone know the size and ratting i should get with nuts? any links would be great. i guess i need 6.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just bought these clevis shackles from tractor supply yesterday for about $10 a piece, they have an 8,500 pounds working load limit and are coated black. I went with the half inch, 3/4 looked too big for my bumper and nearly obnoxious.

ForumRunner_20140511_084236.jpg

·
Registered
180 Posts
I use the 3/4 because the working load is 4.75 tons. The 1/2 inch is usually only 2 tons. I've seen horrible accidents from recovery straps giving way. Plus I think the beefy shackle looks a lot better.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I use the 3/4 because the working load is 4.75 tons. The 1/2 inch is usually only 2 tons. I've seen horrible accidents from recovery straps giving way. Plus I think the beefy shackle looks a lot better.
Yeah I made sure not to go with a cheap one, mine had a WLL of 3 1/4 ton. More than enough likely.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts