Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these on their rig? Looking for a review and pics! I'm deciding on what set up to go for on my 2010 wrangler sport. I think I want these flares and 35s without any lift. Will it fit and will it look good? Thoughts or advice welcome! Thanks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have the bumpers just not the flares. The bumpers don't have fitting issues but I heard the flares the holes don't line up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the flares holes don't line up.. i ran screws in where they did and than just used self tappers and made other holes.. that being said they are tiny i run 33x10.5 and i poke out and when i turn or something in the rain or the snow they kick water everywhere on my windshield.. but they look good!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I thought about those as well but didn't like the lack of coverage. I've always run a -12 offset on my Jeeps as I like the meaty tires to stick out just a bit. But if you ran this setup with the skinny fenders they'd stick out TOO far in my opinion. I already throw mud everywhere as-is (it's fine when I'm not muddin'). I like the Bushwacker that actually stick out 2" (I think) further than stock. They look nice, but they aren't cheap!

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
It seems like I've read you need to drill a bunch anyway, so if you really want them and don't mind the PITA install, just drill away and don't worry about the holes that won't line up. They sure do look good with large tires.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I thought the OP was talking about the XRC Fender Flares (which I have and are easy to install), not the XRC Fenders??

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was actually referring to the flat flares .. sorry for the confusion. Any reviews on the flats?
image-430498723.jpg

image-427334161.jpg

I put them on my jeep , install was not bad, wish it had better solutions for the liners, cutting them was a pain and they look ok but not as good as real liners, there are several options out there that have liners, if I had it to do it all over I would have spent extra. But they look good and yes anything on your tires gets out right on the windshield

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have these as well and I'm 16 and they took me about an hour and half to install. I think the look good. They do throw water, snow, and mud everywhere, but I'm 16 so I think that's pretty cool.

Hey, don't knock it. I'm 43 and I think it's cool too. But you bring up a good point, if you don't like water, mud, etc.. thrown all over your jeep these are not for you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
For what it's worth, I have the Poison Spyder flares, painted body color. The side marker lights relocate to the underside of the flare to maintain compliance for states with inspections. I think they look great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have them on my JK they where a perfect fit with the holes had no problem at all installing them, I have 35's and a lift of 6". The thing I like most is that they are made of metal not plastic like other makes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts