Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the Smithybilt XRC foot pegs. I like the look of them and they have nothing resting up against the body. Anyone have these and/or have good or bad comments?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is anyone using foot pegs on the lower door hinges? When I had my jeep 20 years ago, I used to just put my foot on the running board. Now I am putting my foot on the step bar outside. My wife rests her foot on the mirror mount on the top hinge (Die-tech mirror brackets), but she said the bottom hinge would be a more comfortable position. I have looked at pegs. I like the looks of the Smittybilt XRC hnges because the don't contact the paint. Also, they are powder coated and that will match me bars and bumbers. If anyone has any comments or other ideas, they will be welcomed.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I had made my own from bike pegs that I put in the lower hinges. After a while they started tearing up the door bushings. I'm a bit skittish to put something else in there. I'm looking for aftermarket reviews. I put delrin door bushings in and I don't want the tops of them to get damaged.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i cant remember what brand mine are, but i love them. They look like old bear claw bicycle pegs. They have a rubber stopper on the back that doesnt let them necessarily "touch the paint.'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts