Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, does Smittybilt make anything that is remotely high quality? I have gone through a few front and rear seat covers from them that haven't lasted any more than 3 months and from what I've read online all of their stuff is absolute junk. On top of that I sent their customer service an email and have yet to get a response. I am frustrated beyond belief and am strongly considering never buying any of their products again. If you have had a similar experience please let me know, because I am curious as to if this has happened to numerous people or just myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
728 Posts
Quick question, does Smittybilt make anything that is remotely high quality? I have gone through a few front and rear seat covers from them that haven't lasted any more than 3 months and from what I've read online all of their stuff is absolute junk. On top of that I sent their customer service an email and have yet to get a response. I am frustrated beyond belief and am strongly considering never buying any of their products again. If you have had a similar experience please let me know, because I am curious as to if this has happened to numerous people or just myself.

Thanks
You get what you paid for. Question is, how long for you to learn the lesson if you keep buying their stuff?

Much better seat covers out there, it comes at a cost, but being 100% satisfied and not having to buy it again, kind of makes the cost worth it.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Quick question, does Smittybilt make anything that is remotely high quality?
Thanks
No.
But it hasn't always been that way. When the old man Basil “Smitty” Smith started the company in 1956 in his home shop and the following years when he was still around, the company was known for U.S built high quality. The younger generations finally sold it all out and almost all (if not all) of their products are produced as cheap as they can be made in China. It's a good thing the old man is no longer around to see what became of the quality Smittybilt used to be known for.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
No.
But it hasn't always been that way. When the old man Basil “Smitty” Smith started the company in 1956 in his home shop and the following years when he was still around, the company was known for U.S built high quality. The younger generations finally sold it all out and almost all (if not all) of their products are produced as cheap as they can be made in China. It's a good thing the old man is no longer around to see what became of the quality Smittybilt used to be known for.
Never knew they were made in the US early on. Sad, Thanks for sharing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts