Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
From what ive seen on other jeeps Smittybuilt is cheap and you get what you pay for. Bestop I think worth the extra money.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just bought the Smittybuilt top for $239. It is not a bad top, was difficult to get on, but it wasn't a sunny day The zippers sound like bells while driving. And it is kinda noisy at highway speeds. But it beats a safari top and windjammer. I got what I paid for, I will start saving earlier for the next replaacement. I did spend $35 for the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I have a Bestop Replace-A-Top that is 5, almost 6 years old and its just now starting to show its age. These things are tough! I'm am looking at the Smittybilt top also because I'm broke but if I had the money I would go with the Bestop.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'd go with the Bestop if I had to choose between the two. If I could choose any I'd say Rugged Ridge. The windows are slightly thicker and you can get them tinted. I've had mine for awhile and it still looks/acts brand new.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The windows with my Bestop are thick and tinted from the factory. Except the front windows.

·
Registered
225 Posts
RuggedRidge - two people now have tried to talk me into a Smitty (4wd.com & Quadratec) both saying it was better quality than the Rugged Ridge set up. I found the Rugged ridge for 280 shipped which I thought was a pretty good price.

Hopefully a few others can chime in and set me straight... I'm honestly debating just getting a bikini top & a car cover and calling it a day as its always 72 and sunny here haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts