Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Green light... clutch let out at the same time. We both stomped it. I pulled out to a half car lead, shifted to 2nd and maintained the distance until I let off at the end of the gear. I had the entire top off, so I looked back over my right shoulder and laughed.

Sorry, I just think that the BRZ/FR-S is the ultimate troll car... a fitting first victim. Not sure what the 0-60s are on our JK's, but they pull pretty hard from 0-40ish.

I'll keep it on the track... next time.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I assume you have a 3.6.. If so, an auto BRZ would be a close race. Manuals tend to be quicker.

Fun beating on sportier cars with a 4x4

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That being said, he was right there with me off the line with a respectable launch. So I guess I gotta give some credit to the Jeep. He should've had me with the shorter throw into second... at least I would've had me if I was him! Lol.

·
Registered
701 Posts
0-60 is supposed to be around 6.7 seconds for the 4 door. The 2 door should be even faster.

I had a similar experience when I first picked up our new one. We stoplight raced a C5 corvette and my wife actually won by about a Jeep length. I don't know how hard the Corvette was trying but it was enough to squeal his tires when he took off.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really my purpose for posting was for benchmarking the JK performance. I was just curious what it could do, and figured I'd let y'all know. I don't intend to drive this Jeep hard at all. Happy Easter!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
0-60 is supposed to be around 6.7 seconds for the 4 door. The 2 door should be even faster. I had a similar experience when I first picked up our new one. We stoplight raced a C5 corvette and my wife actually won by about a Jeep length. I don't know how hard the Corvette was trying but it was enough to squeal his tires when he took off.
Haha a 'Vette should smoke a JK quite handily. But bad drivers can skew things quite a bit lol.

·
Registered
167 Posts
0-60 is supposed to be around 6.7 seconds for the 4 door. The 2 door should be even faster.

I had a similar experience when I first picked up our new one. We stoplight raced a C5 corvette and my wife actually won by about a Jeep length. I don't know how hard the Corvette was trying but it was enough to squeal his tires when he took off.
I think that was a one car race because there's no way a stock JKU would come anywhere near a C5. Doubt he thought it was a race

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good thing there weren't any corners.

The slushbox BRZ is quite a bit slower in a straight line than the manual. They're really more of a driver's car than a stop light hero. That said, IMHO the driver sucked or wasn't giving it all the beans if it was a manual.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Maybe it's just me, I don't understand all the threads about racing JKs or how fast they can go.:tomatoes:
Me either. I constantly get people launching on me when I'm in my BRZ (daily driver) though, and I don't think I've ever taken the bait. Hell, I may be the BRZ that OP smoked. :bop: I will take cloverleaf ramps at 65 or o on a regular basis though. :D

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
Really my purpose for posting was for benchmarking the JK performance. I was just curious what it could do, and figured I'd let y'all know. I don't intend to drive this Jeep hard at all. Happy Easter!
If you want to benchmark the JK'S performance you need to get it off the street.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fair enough. He was driving a MT though and giving it all his 'beans'... not an autotragic as someone had suggested.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool, we went through 2nd gear though... not 0-60. I believe things would've changed in his favor as we climbed the ladder. But I was in a 35 zone, so I called it quits.

I love how all the trolls come out to be critical vs. just having a little fun comradery about a JK beating a BRZ.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know all about the 'drivers cars', being a previous owner of both the BMW E36 & E46. A 330 E46 would walk all over the BRZ... the BRZ was not impressive at all. That's all I have to say.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I think that was a one car race because there's no way a stock JKU would come anywhere near a C5. Doubt he thought it was a race
I would have said that if he didn't squeal his tires on takeoff. My guess is that if freaked him out and he let off the gas when it happened letting us pull ahead.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts