Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im still trying to get into a jeep and wondered how it is smoking topless. Is it too windy and end up geting ash everywhere? Does the windshield make a nice enough 'bubble'? I never could smoke on my Harley but seem folks with windscreens smoke just fine.

Just curious.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Once its lit it isnt impossible, just a little annoying. Just like a bike, ya gotta light up at red lights or pull over.

·
Registered
591 Posts
^^^This

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I sometimes smoke a cigar when doorless/topless. It is pretty difficult to keep the cigar lit. I usually have to keep it down low near the gear shifter when holding it because of wind. It really only works well going 35mph and under. Yes, ashes get everywhere it is inevitable.

·
Registered
861 Posts
i get ash everywhere with the top on...lol u have to lean forward to keep from blowing ash everywhere

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
i get ash everywhere with the top on...lol u have to lean forward to keep from blowing ash everywhere
While I used to smoke, I don't anymore, and given the amount of wind buffeting I encounter, even with the rear windows down, I think it would make it next to impossible to smoke, even with the tops in.

·
Registered
861 Posts
While I used to smoke, I don't anymore, and given the amount of wind buffeting I encounter, even with the rear windows down, I think it would make it next to impossible to smoke, even with the tops in.
lol. congrats on quitting. i've quit a few times (once for over a year), but after enjoying a bar stool the old habit comes a knockin':rofl: it's really not that tough at first if u really want to quit. it's just getting to that point where u really want to. the jk is just not the best car to puff in.

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
lol. congrats on quitting. i've quit a few times (once for over a year), but after enjoying a bar stool the old habit comes a knockin':rofl: it's really not that tough at first if u really want to quit. it's just getting to that point where u really want to. the jk is just not the best car to puff in.
I'm not one of these ex-smokers that's gonna go all "Dr. Drew Pinski" on people and tell them why they need to quit smoking, or how to do it, as it's different for everyone, but I just had the mentality that I wasn't going to find myself being a slave to a piece of recycled paper and a dead plant.

Everybody thinks there's some big secret to quitting. There isn't. The only "secret" is that you have to want to quit FOR YOURSELF.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I started on my first deployment in 05 and kept it up through the rest. I actually quit for a year untill my resent divorce. Might just have to Skoal it in the jeep till i can kick it all together again. Thanks for the replies.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I quit smoking about 8 months ago. I only did it because it made me feel like poo and also because I was noticing burn holes in EVERYTHING (car interior, clothes, hair, etc). Nothing like dropping $2000 on a couch and then, a month later, discovering pinhole burns in it :\

1 - 11 of 11 Posts