Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy I need help I have an 03 to with 106000 on the motor. A few weeks ago it would puff smoke when I would take off from a red light after it was warm. After reading other forms I decided to pull the to replace the valve stem seals and head gasket. I put a new head from Clearwater on it and a new head gasket with new head bolts. The cylinder walls had no damage or burn marks. The intake had a thick build up of oil in it and I cleaned it as best as I could. After I got it all back together and went to run it I noticed that if you revved it up it would throw a lot of smoke when it warmed up but it’s not smoking at an idle. The smoke is thick and has a blue tint dose not smell like a strong burnt oil smell. I did a compression test and it’s between 135-140 on every cylinder. If you shut it down and let it cool off then start it it won’t smoke again till it’s warm. I’m lost at this point

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey guy I need help I have an 03 to with 106000 on the motor. A few weeks ago it would puff smoke when I would take off from a red light after it was warm. After reading other forms I decided to pull the to replace the valve stem seals and head gasket. I put a new head from Clearwater on it and a new head gasket with new head bolts. The cylinder walls had no damage or burn marks. The intake had a thick build up of oil in it and I cleaned it as best as I could. After I got it all back together and went to run it I noticed that if you revved it up it would throw a lot of smoke when it warmed up but it’s not smoking at an idle. The smoke is thick and has a blue tint dose not smell like a strong burnt oil smell. I did a compression test and it’s between 135-140 on every cylinder. If you shut it down and let it cool off then start it it won’t smoke again till it’s warm. I’m lost at this point
My money is in gaskets expanding when hot and contracting when cold. That could explain why this happens only when hot. Probably on their way out, but not there yet.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry auto corrected I can feel a vacuum on the front breather that goes to the air intake and the PCV on the back side is brand new I’m not seeing any blow by

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My money is in gaskets expanding when hot and contracting when cold. That could explain why this happens only when hot. Probably on their way out, but not there yet.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
All the gaskets are brand new in the top end

1 - 6 of 6 Posts