Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I recently got a 2012 Sport Unlimited and it came with a suspension lift (not sure what kind but I think its 3") and it rides pretty rough. I was wondering what could be the problem and what are some suggestions I should do/buy in order to get a smoother ride. Thanks!

P.S. I'm new to the site so if I don't reply quickly I am most likely having trouble navigating the site lol

·
Premium Member
6,897 Posts
First thing I'd do is check the tire pressure. If it is too high it will ride rough.

Are the tires stock? Look on the door jam for the recommended psi.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that but still didn't help, and no, tires are not stock. They are 35" Toyo Open Country A/T's

·
Registered
327 Posts
See about getting a less aggressive tire than an A/T. The tires for Saharas are more road friendly since most never see dirt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See about getting a less aggressive tire than an A/T. The tires for Saharas are more road friendly since most never see dirt.
I'm not sure I can part ways with the aggressive look :( haha but I think I read somewhere that I can adjust the hydraulic shocks or maybe replace the springs... not even sure what is causing the problem so I dont want to start ripping things out just yet

·
Super Moderator
14,528 Posts
We need to know more about the lift and shocks. There are a few brands that have a known rough ride.

Can you take some suspension pictures and post for us to review?

·
Registered
15 Posts
^ what he said. I recently made the switch from BFG Mud Terrain TAs to Mickey Thompson Bajas. They ride much quieter.

Here's another thought; check your ball joints, especially if you notice uneven tread wear down the center of the tire........ask me how i know this :/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We need to know more about the lift and shocks. There are a few brands that have a known rough ride.

Can you take some suspension pictures and post for us to review?
Here is a picture of a shock and spring. Probably won't do much good cause there is no name on it. I tried finding any model or serial numbers on it but didn't see any...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,528 Posts
Here is a picture of a shock and spring. Probably won't do much good cause there is no name on it. I tried finding any model or serial numbers on it but didn't see any...
ok, shoot the rear track bar, both ends. Digging deeper to see if I can ID that shock. Looks like possibly the RC N2.0...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Rough country 2.5-3" lift most likely. Try changing the shocks to the ranchos 9000, there's great reviews about them. That should smoothen out the ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts