Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am drooling to get down to this park :punk: Been planning it since January, and we are leaving tomorrow morning. Living in Iowa with very limited options, it should be just amazing. My goal before we went was to just get some additional protection because I want to test my Jeep in its stock form.

But I have a dilemma now. I ordered a JCR engine skid four weeks ago, with a 3-4 week delivery time. I assumed I would get it in time so I went ahead and put on the Fumoto valve(dealer did it for me :p). We'll, now I'm concerned that it will get hit without the skid. Am I wrong, or will I be ok?? I'm willing to change the oil again just to put the bolt back in, so no big deal there. I just don't want to limit what trails I can do because of it.

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
SMORR will give your skids a work out, I'd be worried about the fumoto catching on something.
Maybe go by your nearest 4wheelparts and grab one on the cheap smitty engine/trans skids for the trip..??..

AND make sure you do V-Notch!! :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm looking forward to hitting SMORR as I live close. But, also considering Kansas Rocks this weekend for their offroading 101 course. or in July. Might be a decent idea for you if you're worried about tearing things up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SMORR will give your skids a work out, I'd be worried about the fumoto catching on something.
Maybe go by your nearest 4wheelparts and grab one on the cheap smitty engine/trans skids for the trip..??..

AND make sure you do V-Notch!! :D
Didnt even think about that. I don't think we have any cool enough stores around these parts. V-Notch noted!!

I'm looking forward to hitting SMORR as I live close. But, also considering Kansas Rocks this weekend for their offroading 101 course. or in July. Might be a decent idea for you if you're worried about tearing things up.
Do you have a link for that?? How far is it??

put the bolt back in and play it safe. Enjoy your weekend and pictures and detail play by play next week on how it was.
Probably what I'll end up doing. Bringing my photographer...aka son...with me to hopefully get some good shots.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Yep, hit v notch. I survived SMORR without additional skids, but sure wouldn't hurt to have them.

Somehow I didn't get any pics of @Bluebabysound in the notch, or at least don't have them on this pc.

Great place..had a blast.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
Yep, hit v notch. I survived SMORR without additional skids, but sure wouldn't hurt to have them.

Somehow I didn't get any pics of @Bluebabysound in the notch, or at least don't have them on this pc.

Great place..had a blast.
I think you caught my butt going thru

I got this one of you, great pic!

·
Registered
43 Posts
SideRoad Jeep Supply in Martensdale is the only place I can think of in Iowa that would even have a chance to have a skid plate in-stock.

I have bought a few things from them even though I can order everything online cheaper. Probably going to use them install a lift. They have some events that are fun to attend to check out everyone's Jeeps.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SideRoad Jeep Supply in Martensdale is the only place I can think of in Iowa that would even have a chance to have a skid plate in-stock.

I have bought a few things from them even though I can order everything online cheaper. Probably going to use them install a lift. They have some events that are fun to attend to check out everyone's Jeeps.
Thanks a lot Ermot, I had no clue that shop existed...easy 30 min drive on a Saturday morning. I'll definitely be checking it out

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks a lot Ermot, I had no clue that shop existed...easy 30 min drive on a Saturday morning. I'll definitely be checking it out
I think they have only been open since October 2016. It's great having a place close with some inventory and staff that are all Jeep people. Hopefully they get enough business to keep the doors open.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
My offroad skills my not be up to snuff from the looks of those pics!!!

:worthy:
Trust me I can't drive. Helps to have a good spotter. I actually did take just a hint of damage coming off on my left quarter. Almost imperceptible.

That entire trail(and complex) is a blast. You'll have a lot of fun.

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
My offroad skills my not be up to snuff from the looks of those pics!!!

:worthy:
Wish we were free to meet you and try to help you make terrible decisions with your Jeep :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts