Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive snapped my trackbar mount off the axle in the rear i was wondering what everyones suggestions are. and where i can find a beefy replacement. or have plans for building one.
thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
remove the front and rear track bar, sway bar too

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Break the other one off too :punk:

·
Registered
44 Posts
The leaf springs don't let things move side to side much if at all. Sway bars and track bars are for those with coils....:rofl:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was thinkin the same just wonderin if anyone knew anything faster. how did you build yours though? you think 1/4 is enough cause i have some 1/2 layin around to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am currently only running the front track bar. I removed the rear about a week ago. I have noticed a improvement in the ride quality. Still rides true on the highway at 70. I am going to remove the front one this week and see if I like it. DON'T remove the front sway bar if you are going to drive on the street or highway!!!!!

They make quick disconnects for a reason!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
already have the quick discs and actually prefer the front disconnected but i still generally run with them connected. i just dont wanna make a turn and see my axle keep going straight. ive only ran cars with fourlinks and coils so this is new to me. thanks for the help ill prolly be cuttin her off soon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
mine road like a covered wagon untill i removed the tract and sway bars. there not needed so toss them and dont waste your time building a new one .

·
Registered
189 Posts
yj here too 4.5" lift..no swaybar or trackbars..ride and flexes great...if u still unsure on the road invest in jks swaybar disconnects...feels abit firmer...pull two pins out and ur ready to play in the mud n rocks!!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
do any of you guys daily drive without swaybars? im not worried about the lil sway just really dont wanna damage anything
I drove one day without sway bars. I prefer the way my jeep drives with them on. I put my extended ones back on, but my discos are on the way.

To be fair, it's kind of a safety thing. It's also a matter of opinion. Some people prefer them. Just keep in mind that they are there, and they actually do work.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Been driving my YJ without them for over a year now and I drive on the freeway 5 days a week with no problems (it's a 30 mile trek each way) never had a problem with my axles or felt like I was gonna tip over an I've never felt unsafe while driving at 70.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Yeah, it's most certainly a preference. I tested the waters, and didn't like it. I never felt like I was going to tip. I just like them. Handling feels a bit tighter. Rough Country discos are only $50 anyways.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts