Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking I am going to make my own snorkel. Thing I cant find or decide on is the tip for it. I heard there are safari tips that separate the air from the water. Anyone know anything about these or where I can buy just the tip itself? As far as the airbox goes, I am going to make my own and use a K&N filter in it.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and also, does anyone know of a way to keep the mirror relocation bracket on the driver side with a snorkel? I will figure out a work around if I need to, but maybe someone already figured out a workaround?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
It's not really the tip that separates the air from the water it's the shape of the ducting. The Safari snorkel is shaped to divert rain ingestion (and other water ingestion) so that it doesn't enter the air box, it kinda hangs back in a "pool" and will evaporate over time.

You can use the stock air box for the intake you just need some flexible tubing and a female / male mount to screw on the side of the box. Then you can plug up the air intake in the front and run the tubing to the side mount. I bet you could email ARB and ask them to just sell you the tip, it comes in pieces anyway so why not?

You can still use mirror relocation brackets you just gotta modify some things:

Vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Auto part Suspension

Vehicle Transport Product Car Mode of transport

PM me for specifics if you need anything :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
When you put a snorkel on im assuming you have to cut into the side of ur fender or hood? Just curious because I want to put one on but also if I have to cut into the side I don't wanna screw stuff up

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
stuntmansjeep said:
When you put a snorkel on im assuming you have to cut into the side of ur fender or hood? Just curious because I want to put one on but also if I have to cut into the side I don't wanna screw stuff up
Yeah you gotta drill a hole in your fender aprox 3" in diameter. They give you a template to trace out and follow so you can't make a mistake really. If you're careful and take your time with it you won't mess anything up, but if you rush it and don't protect or move stuff on the inside and don't use a stop-drill you could lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts