Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone had the new RR snorkel system? How well do you like it & all?

Also, if you don't have this one, but you do have a snorkel. Which one & how well has it been to you?

I've been going back & forth on this. Was thinking of just getting a Dryflow filter. But I've wanted to get a snorkel. Don't think I'll ever need one & I know that would be the first question a lot of you would ask.

But ether way, please reply with your experience about your snorkel, esp. if you have the RR new one.

Spank Ju!!:D

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have had numerous snorks on a few different cars. I have had one on my current 2012 since new and unless I was buying a mall crawler, I would not buy another rig without one.

I have the AEV snork and works perfect with the AEV heat reduction hood. I live in Dubai, and I get the obvious... "uhh there's no water there, why do you need that on your car???"

Makes me laugh everytime I hear it. ; )

I lived in the territory in Aus for a long while, in Alice, Darwin, Adelaide and a few of those little places in between. And even though around the simpson desert there is no water, the snorkel is a great investment for getting cleaner air into your engine. Much much cleaner than sucking it from your engine bay.

Your engine will thank you. Oh and water crossings are only for cleaning your vehicle.
; D

Cheers

·
Registered
34,595 Posts
River Raider gen 1 and I would not give it up for any thing.

A lot of guys in my club have it too but they have the Gen 2.

·
Registered
185 Posts
By "RR" do u mean River Raider or Rugged Ridge? Since you said system I am guessing Rugged Ridge. Eventually, I am planning on a River Raider expedition snorkel. I need to confirm they have adapted it to the 3.6.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nanook said:
By "RR" do u mean River Raider or Rugged Ridge? Since you said system I am guessing Rugged Ridge. Eventually, I am planning on a River Raider expedition snorkel. I need to confirm they have adapted it to the 3.6.
Rugged ridge

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
River Raider - Buddy has one, looks like it works to me! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Hope you don't mind a newb type of question, but do these snorkels affect engine response or drivability in any way? If so, how?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hope you don't mind a newb type of question, but do these snorkels affect engine response or drivability in any way? If so, how?
If it does, it's miniscule. You'll get cooler air and the only way I could see it hurting engine performance would be if there was a huge bottleneck on the system.

The only way to know for sure would be to measure the flow of air to the engine before and after installation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts