Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, im looking to do some mods so i can start playing in the mud a lil more agressive then usual, im looking to get a snorkel for a 95 yj wrangler but cant seem to find any. i dont want the home made ones with the pvc if u guys could help me id appericate it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
if u dont mind the noise and dont wont to make full blown snorkel its real easy to route the air intake under the dash

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
i have a yj w/ an arb snorkel, you should be able to find one.

·
Registered
422 Posts
if u dont mind the noise and dont wont to make full blown snorkel its real easy to route the air intake under the dash
i would like to do this, is there a write up or can you give me a crash course how the process goes..?

thx!

·
Registered
369 Posts
ya its real strait forward what u go is use the stock rubber elbow on the throttle body turn it around dill a hole in the fire wall and take a strate piece of pvc pipe through the hole into the cab then put a 45 angle on the end and last a air filter i will try to take some pics of mine

·
Registered
422 Posts
ya its real strait forward what u go is use the stock rubber elbow on the throttle body turn it around dill a hole in the fire wall and take a strate piece of pvc pipe through the hole into the cab then put a 45 angle on the end and last a air filter i will try to take some pics of mine
yes please that would be awesome!

i just got new oil, plugs, plug wires, valve cover gasket, Slick 50, upper cyl lube, carb cleaner, MAF cleaner, and some other stuff.

next i wanna do the thing you did :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
any pics yet?

·
Registered
291 Posts
what kinda lift you got on your jeep?

·
Registered
422 Posts
skyjacker or whatever its called. its got the whole nine yards....shocks/struts, leafs, sway bar, and some other stuff i couldnt tell you what they are lol.

i would really like to see some pics or a write up on the filter mod. i dont wanna take it back out in the water again unless i can rig something up...

·
Registered
369 Posts
i took the pics today however it will be a few days before i can put them up canon is sending me the hardware for the camra

·
Registered
422 Posts
aww damn, ok that's cool. it just rained today lol :(

·
Registered
422 Posts
pics?

·
Registered
422 Posts
ttt

update?

·
Registered
422 Posts
lol. well can you just explain it really well? i'm ready to do it right now.

also, how do you get the filter in there? do you have to undo the dash? what did you use to cut the firewall? and what did you seal it with? weather stripping and silicon?

·
Registered
369 Posts
lol. well can you just explain it really well? i'm ready to do it right now.

also, how do you get the filter in there? do you have to undo the dash? what did you use to cut the firewall? and what did you seal it with? weather stripping and silicon?
no the filter sits under the dash u cut the fire wall with a hole saw and i sealed it with expanding foam

·
Registered
422 Posts
i can wait for the pics now. i strapped up my mustang's stock airbox and its AWESOME! the inlet hole is protected by the radiator and the power steering reservoir so i took it out to the mud last night and had 0 problems with water. i went thru the biggest water holes i could find fast and she ran like a champ.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts