Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What differs from all the snorkel brands? why are there 700$ snorkels and 100$ snorkels?

I know about some are form fiber and others are plastic, other than that what's the difference?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one knows?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Depends on what your looking at. Ive researched these a bit as im goin to be adding one to mine. The ARB snorkel kit is close to 400. the Volant(or however its spelled) is close to 800 because you have to use their Intake box to work with it. The 100-200 ones you are speaking of im guessing are the ones on ebay that are shipped out of china. They are a cheaper plastic and require cutting into your stock air box. ARB would be the preferred way to go im sure...but the ones on ebay show up to a month shipping time. They might work just as well, im just iffy bout buying anything that ships out of BeiJing or what not. Ive just been surfin websites for deals(craigslist-ebay-locally) and will old out till i find one. Not willing to sink 400 into it..but if it comes down to it..i will fab one up myself.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks mudweiser, so there is no technical difference in snorkel tube itself?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a friend just told me, that the most important part of the snorkel is that the inner surface must be very smooth. dunno if there is much more in what defines a quality snorkel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts