Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got bored the other day, so I welded up two lockable military 5 gallon gas can holders for the Jeep. I will use them for trails when I need them and for car show displays. I decided to mount them using the uprights for my roof rack. I used two eye bolts in the rack, this way I can remove them easily when not needed. The bottom of the can rack is about 1/2 inch above the Jeep body. I can still get in the tailgate. If I need to open the rear window I only need to swing the gas rack out slightly. I will post some pictures soon.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
updated with pictures

gas can holder 1.jpg

gas can holder 5.jpg

gas can holder 6.jpg

gas can holder 9.jpg

gas can holder 7.jpg
i got bored the other day, so i welded up two lockable military 5 gallon gas can holders for the jeep. I will use them for trails when i need them and for car show displays. I decided to mount them using the uprights for my roof rack. I used two eye bolts in the rack, this way i can remove them easily when not needed. The bottom of the can rack is about 1/2 inch above the jeep body. I can still get in the tailgate. If i need to open the rear window i only need to swing the gas rack out slightly. I will post some pictures soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts