Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Iowa Jeepers. Who got out and enjoyed the snow? Had off Friday and was able to make some fresh tracks by the river!

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Heck yeah! This was the day after centrals Iowa's second "big storm" a week or two ago...

View attachment 219089

View attachment 219090

Went and got my new "custom" plates (if y'all see a red Jeep with "1989 YJ" on its plates or a grey j-Truck with "1973FSJ" - thats me!) and on my way back to Ames from Nevada I found a "Level B" road that had TONS of drifts all over it. Spent probably 30minutes driving up and down it and trying to get myself stuck. She never even struggled. I was by myself - but i had a blast!

I have an English Bulldog too! She's about 3years old now. :p

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mines almost 5. He is my favorite wheeling buddy. I make it over to Ames about once a month. Found a nice little patch of trails by Boone.

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Mines almost 5. He is my favorite wheeling buddy. I make it over to Ames about once a month. Found a nice little patch of trails by Boone.
Oh really? You;ll have to let me know where those are! Or at least let me know when you're making it by here again! I'd love to know what to do around here other than "Level B" roads.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not as much as I would have liked. The dense fog Saturday night made it impossible. Besides they local parks I drive thru were locked up. Sunday I worked most the day, did go out for a short bit tho. You

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Ahhh... I see... Hopefully you can get out some more before everything melts! Haha!

No... I haven't done too much. No where that I know of around here that you can really do anything "off road" unless you're hitting the LeveL Bs or fields. :p

Though my driveway is like a 30-45degree-ish mini ice/snow hill climb - so I suppose I get to do that everytime I come home. :thumb:

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
I am trying to find some trails anywhere in the state. But am not having much luck.
I just read about a park somewhere in Western Iowa by the Loess hills (sp?) area that just opened their doors to Jeeps (any 4x4)... But other than the private parks that MIOBI and JOCCI own, I don't really think there's that much in Iowa. I wanted to go check out that park, but it's over 3 hours from where I live, so I'm just waiting for it to get nice out before I attempt the trip.

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
You should tell me how to get to those trails around Boone you were talking about.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Oh, nice! Haha! Yeah! The ruts were pretty big. It was a rough ride - but really fun! Thanks for the tip off on that spot! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts