Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Commercial Member
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried a search and came up unsuccessful. Are there any sort of baskets that may mount to a receiver hitch to transport a snowblower?
I just sold my truck with a plow, I have been caring for my family's driveways and still want to help my Aunt who lives really close by.
I would like to be able to bring my snowblower and I'm hoping for some pics/ideas/links..
thanks!
also, it's not a large snowblower, just an older 24" (I think) Toro. Removing the rear seat wouldn't be an option and a trailer may be too big of a pain in decent snowfalls. This is why I think a basket would be great, just don't know how much weight they can handle.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I can't swear to it but THINK it is limited by the hitch capacity/ TONGUE weight.....in other words about 500lbs.

I have one I traded for and have had well over 500lbs of dirt/ potting soil/ manure, in the basket. I live about 1.5 miles from Menard's...and do this frequently. IMO snow blower would be no problem.

For the search I used on google "basket/ trailer hitch"

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have one made by Rola. I think and
It's great I had it and my jeep packed full and went from new york to Florida. I probly exceeded the weight limit but ohh well it got the job done!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sometimes I wonder how my mind works. The first thing I thought when I saw the title of your thread is that you were going to want to mount a snowblower like a plow! lmao . . . . :eek:

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
The front drive shaft will not work as a PTO...

·
Registered
140 Posts
SecretAgentMan said:
Sometimes I wonder how my mind works. The first thing I thought when I saw the title of your thread is that you were going to want to mount a snowblower like a plow! lmao . . . . :eek:

I thought that too. Wonder how hard that would be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts