Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my 2014 JKUR a couple weeks ago, and other than a bad Schrader valve on the air conditioner (fixed now and the AC blows nice and cold), I haven't had any other issues with my new Jeep. Reading the forum one would get the impression that all Wranglers are problem children. My Jeep is my daily driver, and I'm honestly in love with it. So are there any of you out there who haven't had any major problems with your JK? I'd love to hear some reports from long time JK owners about how tough and reliable their JK has been.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I purchased my JK in December 2013. I have 11,200 miles on it with absolutely no problems at all.

·
Registered
813 Posts
You only hear about the bad because people tend to rant or need help finding the problem. Why post or say anything about your jeep or whatever if its doing what it's supposed to? Then again people with JKs seem to have more trouble than my TJ and CJ :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mine will be a year old this month (2013 JK Sport) & I have just over 17,000 miles on it already (I drive 31 miles one way to work!) & no problems as of yet {knock on wood!}

·
Registered
88 Posts
New JK with 16,000. Nothing but great times. My first Jeep and hands down best vehicle I have ever owned. Now if only I could get better Millage lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You only hear about the bad because people tend to rant or need help finding the problem. Why post or say anything about your jeep or whatever if its doing what it's supposed to? Then again people with JKs seem to have more trouble than my TJ and CJ :)
You're right, I guess I was just getting worried over all the negative threads. I really love my new Jeep and hope to have it for a long time to come. It's the most fun of any vehicle I've owned to drive (ok, maybe it ties with my 57 Dodge pickup...but it's garaged and waiting for a resto).

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 12 JK Sport with 6300 miles and no problems--knock on wood. The only thing I could remotely call an issue was a rattle I had at the gate but was fixed by a little silicone spray.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
15 K on 2013. lots of off roading, deer hunting (in place of the Mule) lots beach, city, towing with it, and country roads. Not a single issue other than I no longer like to drive anything else...

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
I have a 09 with 96k trouble free miles and a 14 with just under 8k trouble free miles. No one comes on here to say, "Nothing bad happened today."

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
. Reading the forum one would get the impression that all Wranglers are problem children.
well of course, nobody is going to some in here and say "hey guys, my 3.8 is running just fine today!"

ah daggo beat me to it

of course the definition of "issues" may be different for others, some people get rattles and leaks and treat it like their engine just blew up, I'm over here all "well, the axles are still attached!"

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just got my 1st year renewal
4 k miles no problem with anything
Only off road a couple of times
It's a rubicon , probably never take
Advantage of its full capability but gets
Lots of compliments. 1st time jeeper.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
20,000 trouble free miles in 11 months on my 2013 jku and 9000 trouble free miles on my 2014 jkur so far in 6 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought my first jeep 2 weeks ago. Have alway built 4x4 trucks but never had a jeep. 600 miles on mine and no problems so far. My neighbor has a 2012 jku with 83,000 miles and he hasn't had any issues with it. Hopefully I have the same luck.

·
Registered
284 Posts
2012 jku...40000+ miles and no problems at all

1 - 20 of 195 Posts