Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had DW about 6 or 7 months ago. The issue was a bent tie rod (and also bad alignment) and dry rotted off balance tires. I had a shop realign it, and put some new tires on. She got a little shimmy recently, but turns out my steering gear box had too much play in it (the DW had messed it up originally, but both the mechanic and my grandpa agreed that it probably just needed to be tightened/adjusted) so I tightened it up with my grandpa's help. So I'm going to get a 1.5 inch lift soon (thanks to joopster, you rock man!) and wanted to know if there is anything I would need to do to help prevent DW? I'm going to get an alignment and put a ZJ tie rod in. Is that all I need to do? Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
210 Posts
DeepSouthJeeper said:
So I had DW about 6 or 7 months ago. The issue was a bent tie rod (and also bad alignment) and dry rotted off balance tires. I had a shop realign it, and put some new tires on. She got a little shimmy recently, but turns out my steering gear box had too much play in it (the DW had messed it up originally, but both the mechanic and my grandpa agreed that it probably just needed to be tightened/adjusted) so I tightened it up with my grandpa's help. So I'm going to get a 1.5 inch lift soon (thanks to joopster, you rock man!) and wanted to know if there is anything I would need to do to help prevent DW? I'm going to get an alignment and put a ZJ tie rod in. Is that all I need to do? Thanks everyone.
New Sterling damper would help. Just make sure all your suspension bolts are tight and in good condition.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IndyJeepMan said:
You shouldnt have any issues with only a 1.5" raise in suspension height.

If you dont have it now, you shouldnt have it then. Make sure the suspension components are tight/in good shape and go. No steering stabilizer will do anything.
Ok thanks. Just wanted to make sure I'd be ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts