Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 DR. and just bought new wheels and tires 285/70/17 and just realized what the difference was for tire rating. They look great. And the ride is a tad bit softer than stock... i was looking at weight of tires and im not to far off the normal tire weight of this size at 65 lbs...? I have a manual with 3.73. Do you forsee any issues with this tire?

·
Registered
328 Posts
With an E rated tire, you'll find that the ride will be really stiff. I have e rated BFG All terrains and I had a problem with them for a while. Just keep your psi down around 30 and it should keep everything in check

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
An E rated tire (10 ply) should ride much stiffer then stock. My D rated (8 ply) rode stiffer then my C rated (6 ply) Rubi take offs so I aired down to 28 psi and now they are much softer.

You won't have any issues with your tires. I run 305/70/16 (33's) with 3.73 gears which is a perfect combo.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With an E rated tire, you'll find that the ride will be really stiff. I have e rated BFG All terrains and I had a problem with them for a while. Just keep your psi down around 30 and it should keep everything in check
Did you notice a major change in gas mileage?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
The tire size you are talking about is moderately different from stock so unless you expect your Jeep to ride like a car, you will be fine that tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts