Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a long story short I have a 2012 JKU and I ordered some tires and rims and I need to know what you guys think about wheeling with them this weekend even though I won't have my gusset and sleeve in before that. Here are the details:

2012 JKU
2.5" RK Max Travel
35 MTR Kevlars
D30 Front Axle
3.73 Gearing
TruTrac LSD Front & Rear

I don't wheel in rocky areas and I'm pretty easy on my rig however if I go through a bit of mud and get stuff sometimes You have to give it a bit of gas.

What do you guys think about putting the 35s on for some wheeling this weekend. I've got sleeves and a gusset coming for the front axle but there is no way I'll get it on before the weekend. So should I just keep my 32 tires on it for now?

Please try not to tell me to just upgrade the axle I know its always a risk but from who I've talked to with my wheeling style I won't have issues I just don't want to pull a total dumbass move.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, I'll take it easy. Any other suggestions besides sleeves/gussets on the D30 for 35's? And am I correct that by having the LSD its much easier on the front axle than a Locker?

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
You'll be fine, I've been running 35's on my d30 for 2.5 years without sleeve and gussets. I got some coming in the mail shortly.
^^ this. :thumb: sounds like you're not going to beat on your rig or try and bounce through some rock gardens. you'll be fine....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts