Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear a lot about the lack of space of a 2door trunk. So what can you fit in the trunk? Pics? I'm the kind if guy that wants to drive to the beach and take any towels/coolers or whatever on the road with friends. Just curious if the 2 door will suffice or if I have to step it up to a 4 door

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
considerable fits back there in mine.....

since I don't have any geezer friends that actually fit trying to get INTO the back seat of the JK I took it out & it's ALL 'trunk'....

·
Registered
570 Posts
I took the back seat out of mine. I can fit two large Rubbermaid 24-gallon Action Packers, 2 Coleman 54-quart stainless steel coolers, 4-man REI Kingdom tent packed in it's bag, a REI Alcove packed in its bag, 5-gallon water container and various other soft bags I can stuff in between it all. The coolers and action packers are secured with tie-downs to the inside of the tub rail. I can't see out the back but that's OK.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
The real questions are "Of all the things you want to carry, what won't fit?" and "How important is it to you to carry that stuff?.

Maybe a roof rack or small trailer can help.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Not much will fit back there with the seat down. I couldn't fit my all my groceries from a SAMs trip once. I had my 2 yr old daughter in her seat and my wife in the front seat. That was a key moment in making the transition to a JKU.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bought my wrangler for a commuter for 2 only

My 2014 jeep is very short an parkable anywhere an as a big bonus it just happens to have a 300 hp rocket 3.6 Hemi engine to make a anytime move in traffic.
I removed the back seat to have plenty of room for groceries. I have a van for G-children & a 4x4 truck for large dirty stuff.
I didn't need a Jeep I just liked the looks an when I found out about the Hemi I knew I wanted a wrangler.
I am very pleased with my Jeep ! Biff

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
My jeep did not come with a "trunk" I had a car once that had one.
On my XJ, the icon on the dash for an open tailgate warning, was a car with its trunk lid open. :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Plenty wo/back seat (#1 mod).
In a pinch I could even sleep there.
I love my little Red 2-seat Sport convertible with its huge rear window out.
WOW just think what you could do with a JKU 2-seater (though too-big for my taste).

·
Registered
991 Posts
Plenty when back seat is removed.
In a pinch I could even sleep there.
I tried with my rear seat out, but I had to lean the passenger seat forward and climb part way up the back

I hate to say it and probably will get trashed, but if you need to regularly carry things in your Jeep you will need to one of the following:
1) get a 4 door
2) add a roof rack
3) add a trail basket above the rear tire
4) take out your rear seat
5) get the trailer package, go to Harbor Freight and pick up a hitch basket
6) or add things like the saddle bags which I think work really well for smaller stuff obviously not a cooler)

FYI a lunch cooler would fit, not so sure about a bigger one. I have the HF aluminum hitch basket and I love it :)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I took my girls to the park this past weekend for a picnic. With a little bit of Tetris strategy, I was able to get in a medium-sized cooler, two towels and a blanket, two collapsable folding chairs, a grocery bag full of snacks, and a few Frisbees. Not a great amount of cargo, but enough that three ladies and myself had enough to eat, drink, and be comfortable.

Cooler Hint: Freeze a few bottles of water, that way you don't need ice packs and can drink them as they melt.

·
Registered
47 Posts
One of the first things I did when I got my new JK home was take out the back seat , I stored it in my shop and covered with a blanket. I intentionally took it out so I would not be a bus hauling people around.
2 doors and 2 seats its how I roll.....

·
Registered
341 Posts
I personally know it fits 6 - 24 packs of beer with the back seat still in it. I also had other grocery items but I would have left those in the cart at the store if they did not fit as the beer was most important.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 59 Posts