Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
30,779 Posts
Some will swear by it but I am not one of them. I don't use it because it is oily and attracts dust and grit. I also don't like that it makes things shiny and I'm not fond of shiny on my Jeep. I have used it once on my fenders and it was only a matter of weeks before they had faded to gray.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I could have sworn the owner's manual of my jeep specifically states to not use Amor-all products. So I don't.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I haven't been able to verify anything negative about it other then it making anything you step on hella slippery.
I recently went white water rafting and the guide mentioned that they use 303 Aerospace Protectant on the rafts at the beginning of the season and it makes them last essentially forever despite sun exposure. Bought some to try on my car - believe the stuff is popular with the anti-armor-all crowd.

·
Registered
412 Posts
It actually penetrates the plastic after awhile. With repeated use it will remove painted finishes from plastic trim and turn the clear plastic on your gauges yellow. It also leaves a nasty film on the inside of windows. It will destroy your soft top windows if you use it on them.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I don't mind their interior cleaner, but I also have nothing to compare it to outside of windex that we use at work. Haven't touched any of their other products

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was told when I bought my Liberty not to use it on the black fenders & bumpers....that it will make them fade faster and turn them grey. I was told to use the wet tire shine on them instead (dual purpose too - bonus). So we've done that. Had the liberty for 5 years now and it still looks awesome.

Now that I have the same bumpers/fenders on my JK...I'll use it there too. No Armor-all for this girl!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've used Armor All for years on dash and trim and I like it. You definitely don't want to use it on clear plastic. I spray it into a rag and then wipe. What I have heard about Armor All is that it is petroleum based and that over time it can actually cause your dash to crack. I've never had a dash crack on any of my vehicles so I don't know if that is true or not. From time to time, I will use something else but it doesn't seem to work as well as Armor All so I keep going back.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
It's my understanding that the origional ArmorAll formula had dimethyl silicone oils (not water based) that could cause damage to the plastic, and it earned a bad reputation because of that, and I think lawsuits as well. It is my current understanding that the new products are water based and have been so for a couple of decades.

However, 303 aerospace protectant & vinylex have UV inhibitors that ArmorAll doesn't have. Plus for me, I don't like the shiny look of ArmorAll.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
I switched to 303, and I like it. You can get in on Amazon...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts