Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plenty of threads up here discussing (and arguing) about which tools to carry, but as pointed out in one thread, no use if you don't have parts as well. So what do you carry?

Cheers, B

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ujoints for the driveshafts and axleshafts, spare stub shaft assembled with the unit bearing, spare rear driveshaft, PCM, cam and crank sensors, fuel injectors, upstream 02 sensor, and OPDA.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
None
Edit... spare tire

·
Knows a couple things...
48,963 Posts
U-joints, tire stem valves, ignition switch actuator pin, tire plug kit, serpentine belt, electrical repair and fuse kit, misc. larger bolts like for control arms, stick welding kit, auto shifter plastic shift rod, auto trans coolant line & splices, bottles of ATF+4 and GL-5 gear lube, and a tie rod. In my camping trailer I carry a spare rear driveshaft. All of those I have broken/needed at one time or another while on the trail.

Keep in mind that as the below sign for Sledgehammer in Johnson Valley says, AAA won't help if you're offroad.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Ujoint, up until recently both spare axle shafts, tire, fuses, power steering fluid, and gear lube.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Not much, but I wheel in off-road parks so if shit really goes south & one of my buddies can’t tow me out, the park can drag me back out to the main entrance where I can then get flat bedded back home in X number of pieces. In my toolbox I’ve got some simple stuff like spare fuses, tire plug kit with some extra valve stems & caps and an old set of front brake lines with a bottle of brake fluid in case I rip one of those off, that’s about it. There might be a u-joint in there somewhere too. Altogether it takes up no room. I’m not about to try and fill my rig with a bunch of parts to try and play mechanic on a trail, I can barely play one in my warm well-lit garage full of tools with tunes, beer, a semi-helpful girlfriend & a whole weekend to get it right.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wire Ties, Bailing Wire, Bungee Cords, Gorilla Tape and the Spare Tire.

Reactions: Gold Miner

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Bring a friend in a complete, spare Jeep.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Front and rear driveshafts,CPS,coil,relays,serp belt,tire repair kit,gear oil,motor oil,misc bolts/nuts for control arms,water,power steering fluild,unit bearings, front shafts.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Front and rear driveshafts,CPS,coil,relays,serp belt,tire repair kit,gear oil,motor oil,misc bolts/nuts for control arms,water,power steering fluild,unit bearings, front shafts.
I like your mindset with the spare parts. Given that list, you must wheel Dusy Fordyce, or some of the other tough High Sierra trails.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I like your mindset with the spare parts. Given that list, you must wheel Dusy Fordyce, or some of the other tough High Sierra trails.
I have done Fordyce many times but not with this TJ. Dusy just too damn long for me lol. Plans for Fordyce next year for sure. I was kinda forced into the with getting the spares shafts. When I did the Atlas swap both needed to be lengthened. So figured since I did not have trail spares instead of lengthening them I just got new ones. Since the total length was not way off the old ones can now be used at spares. Getting ready to hit Barrett Lake trail on the 20th so will be nice to have some spares!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Ujoints for both driveshafts and axle shafts, and tie-rod ends. If I am going far away from home I carry just about every fluid for the Jeep.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts