Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm debating putting a 1 1/4" body lift on my wrangler.

What do you guys feel about that? Will I have to do anything else to it like a motor lift or what not? How does it affect driving?

I have never really been a fan of body lifts. But I wanna add a little more lift on my jeep. I have a 4" suspension lift now.

Thanks! Let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will I have to do anything else or just the Mml an the body lift?? What will the Mml help with?? The fan?

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
A body lift serves one purpose IMO--the allowance to tuck. If you're not gonna take advantage of the extra room you have to tuck things up, then don't bother. You're already on 4" springs so I'm sure you don't need more room.

As for a MML, yes. It helps slightly with the rear drive shaft angle and also helps maintain a straighter drivetrain angle when tucking. A nice byproduct is it'll align the fan and fan shroud when doing a body lift at the same time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanna one day do the tuck. And that's what I heard is you need a body lift to get it all up. That also confuses me. How exactly a tuck works. Could you explain that to me?? Thanks for the Info

So you recommend do the body lift with the Mml?? I have a sye. Do that will just the the angle of the driveshaft do just so Angeled?

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I wanna one day do the tuck. And that's what I heard is you need a body lift to get it all up. That also confuses me. How exactly a tuck works. Could you explain that to me?? Thanks for the Info

So you recommend do the body lift with the Mml?? I have a sye. Do that will just the the angle of the driveshaft do just so Angeled?
It's common sense man. Go out to your Jeep, get under and just use some logic. It should start to click. "How it works" = no more stock transfer case skid that hangs down 4.5" from the frame.

Like this:

Space must be used wisely.

As for your other question, I have no idea what you're asking. If you have a SYE, that means you must have adjustable arms at least in the rear and that you must know how to properly set pinion angle.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean I guess I understand a tuck haha. Sorry dumb question. Common sense. What size body lift are you running with you tuck?

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
1"

It doesn't take much extra space to tuck. There's just so much wasted space from the factory that you can take advantage of. When you're down there, notice the inefficient use of space between the transfer case and skid itself. That can be improved upon and will allow higher tucking.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah that's true. There's definitely a lot of wasted space under there.

Are all body lifts basically the same? Brand wise.... Is there one that's better than the other

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Look at these:

Savvy 1.25"
JKS 1.25"
Daystar 1"

Those are what I would recommend. I run Daystar poly 1" body mounts. I used to run JKS. Both are excellent, I just prefer the solid 1 piece Daystar mounts.

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
do it you wont regret it, ive got a 1 in and love it, makes cleaning the undercarrage, and working under it easier too

·
Registered
96 Posts
Im a newb so I got questions.

What is a Mml?
I understand the tuck for the most part but is there a kit you can buy to do it ??

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
MML = Motor Mount Lift

As for the tuck it just refers to pushing the t-case up higher to improve clearance at your belly. There are many kits out there; the Savvy Under Armor and Under Cover Fab products are some of the most complete (in my opinion anyways).

·
Registered
96 Posts
MML = Motor Mount Lift

As for the tuck it just refers to pushing the t-case up higher to improve clearance at your belly. There are many kits out there; the Savvy Under Armor and Under Cover Fab products are some of the most complete (in my opinion anyways).

Cool thanks. I assume the motor mount lift is reqired to do the tuck. Do the places you mention have the parts to do the Mml or is that a DIY thing?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Cool thanks. I assume the motor mount lift is reqired to do the tuck. Do the places you mention have the parts to do the Mml or is that a DIY thing?
Some require it, some don't. I'd figure out what you want to do with your Jeep and build from there. Reason being some TTs like Savvy's Under Armor require their own MML since it integrates into the front brace for the main skid plate. UCF sells a MML as well, but I believe last time I checked it was just the JKS one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts