Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of jeeps with the big black decal on the hood and just wondering if it has a functional purpose or just cosemetic? Not really understanding the beauty of it but I know about the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Cosmetic? What functionality could a sticker have? There is a few different kinda though the arctic full looking hood one, the altitude u shape or the freedom edition star. All cosmetic to enhance appearance I guess

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I does knock out alot of glare I used to get from my hood, especially after a nice shiney wax.

Cosmeticly it adds another dimension to a completely flat hood. Previous Wrangler hoods were bi level. JK hoods are totally flat.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wish I had one on my old long nose Pete. I kept her nice and purdy (despite hauling heavy equipment to oil field rigs) and the glare was killer.

I think they look good and break up the manotony of a flat plain hood, especialy when every other panel has something on it to break it up a little.

That being said, I dont have one.....but I dont have a Jeep yet either.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Has a purpose To keep the glare down
which bumper/bull bar is that? i've been looking for something along those lines. link?

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have no glare! If I do, it isn't affecting me!!

·
Registered
892 Posts
I think that sticker is good for an extra 15hp. Maybe more if it says Hemi, R/T or NOS next to it. ;)

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Certain paint colors along with the hood decal really compliment each other. :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts