Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
So far, I regret the money I've put into speakers, since it still sounds like shit. I guess you either have to completely gut the whole thing, or don't really bother. Maybe I'm just picky.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The only one I can think of is the Bestop spare tire carrier. They should stick to tops.

Fortunately, I didn't have to live with it... sold it on craigslist after a very short while.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So far, I regret the money I've put into speakers, since it still sounds like shit. I guess you either have to completely gut the whole thing, or don't really bother. Maybe I'm just picky.
I would replace everything if sounding good is important to you. I have done so and it sounds pretty good. Maybe you could just put an amp on them and a single sub and it would sound better.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
All money well spent in my book. Should be a decent crawler when I get it to where I want it

If I had to choose, probably in the same boat as spag, speakers. I hardly listen to the radio anyway

·
Jeep Flip-Ur-Top Commercial Member
873 Posts
Have you tried stuffing polyfill into the sound bar, speaker cavities in the dash or any pods that you may have? That made a world of difference for me. Good luck!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Actually thanks to this forum and doing lots of research before I make purchases, I have very little I've regretted buying.... I did splurge once and bought a pair of cj style mirrors from crown off eBay, wasn't happy with them.

·
Commercial Member
7,880 Posts
Yep, the fun and happiness of driving with no top, no doors, out in the wilderness, fantastic and totally worth the $$.

If I had known more about jeeps, I would have waited for one with a Dana 44 in the rear. Other than that I lucked out, fairly clean with only minor issues to work out.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My only regret has been buying from the dealer I bought it from. I did research, they were highly rated and had many customers who speak highly of them but I had issues they tried to hide (out of round tires, bad ball joints). I didn't find the cause of issues until after the warranty was expired. I don't regret money I spent on the Jeep, just who I gave the money to when I bought it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
My only regret has been buying from the dealer I bought it from. I did research, they were highly rated and had many customers who speak highly of them but I had issues they tried to hide (out of round tires, bad ball joints). I didn't find the cause of issues until after the warranty was expired. I don't regret money I spent on the Jeep, just who I gave the money to when I bought it.
X2 my jeep was filled with bugs under the carpet and the soft top zippers didn't work at all, then it was never aligned so death wobble appeared immediately

·
Registered
175 Posts
I haven't done much to my jeep yet, but I am happy with the few upgrades I have gotten. I do however regret not getting something with a D44 or at least better gearing. I was in a situation where I had to buy a vehicle quickly, so I didn't fully research everything I needed to look for. But hey, it functions well as is and is in good shape, so for that I am happy.

·
Registered
339 Posts
When I had to replace the tub on my CJ, I regret going with fiberglass instead of metal.

·
Registered
204 Posts
well if you do speakers you should atleast change the headunit aswell imho.

I put a sony mex-xb100bt headunit in to power the 5.25" Kicker KS series coaxials i replaced the stock speakers with and its loud as heck..

obviously with 5.25" speakers you need to be realistic about the bass from just those 4 small speakers but they can be super loud otherwise with semi high mid's.

I replaced the console sub with a kicker CompRT sub it fit with a bit of trimming in stock box. and powered with a amp and its actually quite a amazing sound setup now that its done and tuned and basically stock config aside from hiding the amp.

adjusting the 10 band EQ works wonders with making those 5.25" speakers rock without bass distortions on the low end.

The tweeters on those speakers are incredibly loud if you want them and they take the power easy.

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
251 Posts
Put new Kenwood HU, kicker speakers all around, still wasn't happy until I added the Kenwood powered sub.. All in all $350 for everything and the sound is great.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
A couple Smittybilt products on my last TJ, sometimes you have to learn the hard way.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The only thing for me is the box I have in the back. Luckily, I spent maybe 40 dollars on everything (wood, paint and screws).

I'm thinking about taking it out and putting the back seats in just to make the interior seem nicer again. The only thing I'd be worried about is my subwoofer.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts