Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving on US 60, leaving Apache Junction, I pass a beat to siht 70's era K5 Blazer, and on his back window, in large pink letters:

"So you drive a Jeep? So does Barbie"

I bust out laughing :)

I was gonna give him a thumbs up, but he did not look over at me ... oh well.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
A Jeeper wannabe. One day when his piece O'shit K5 dies, and he gets a full time job, and he quits wasting his money on Ho's...He too will no doubt drive a Jeep. He knows he wants one. LOL

·
Registered
877 Posts
A Jeeper wannabe. One day when his piece O'shit K5 dies, and he gets a full time job, and he quits wasting his money on Ho's...He too will no doubt drive a Jeep. He knows he wants one. LOL
Those K-5's never die. If they had the 350 they will last forever.

Why is it that folks here think that the Wranglers are the only vehicle capable of off road adventures? I ran into the same prejudice with my Tracker. Once you show the non-believers that it could go everywhere they went (and then some*) they quieted down - a little. I found that the people who have never owned any other 4WD vehicle before were the loudest when it came to deriding other offroad capable rides....

I would love to have an early 70's K-5, or a Plymouth Trail Duster or Dodge Ramcharger. I miss my 1978 Dodge Power Wagon! 360 cubic inches of loud fun, and a growling 4 speed manual tranny with granny gear. It was the perfect vehicle for a young sailor in the 80's!

*try driving a JK though a 6' gate into a pasture, or between pine trees in East Tx.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those K-5's never die. If they had the 350 they will last forever.

Why is it that folks here think that the Wranglers are the only vehicle capable of off road adventures? I ran into the same prejudice with my Tracker. Once you show the non-believers that it could go everywhere they went (and then some*) they quieted down - a little. I found that the people who have never owned any other 4WD vehicle before were the loudest when it came to deriding other offroad capable rides....

I would love to have an early 70's K-5, or a Plymouth Trail Duster or Dodge Ramcharger. I miss my 1978 Dodge Power Wagon! 360 cubic inches of loud fun, and a growling 4 speed manual tranny with granny gear. It was the perfect vehicle for a young sailor in the 80's!

*try driving a JK though a 6' gate into a pasture, or between pine trees in East Tx.
I have a soft spot for the 70's K5 ... wish I could have one!

I was thrilled to see it from afar. Even here in AZ, they seem rare. A neighbor suddenly had a really nice one in his driveway for a couple days, and it disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared. :(

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
We need a bumper sticker that says, "So you drive a K5 Blazer? So does Ken"

·
Registered
333 Posts
I built 2 K5's for Moab before I got into Jeeps. I switched to Jeeps because the full size rigs just beat the crap out of you after a full day on the slickrock.

The old Blazers are still cool, they just don't fit my application as well as a Jeep.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
"So you drive a K5 Blazer? So does Ken and he has no Balls"

Fixed it for you :)
"So you drive a K5 Blazer? So does Ken and he ALSO has no Balls"

There, fixed it for you :)

If yer gonna do an insult, do it right!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Easy on the blazer hate. I love my 78 K5. It's a great vehicle. Crate 350 with a 4 bolt main, 4 speed manual (granny gear) NP205 transfer case, 4" of lift via Deaver springs and 35's. Problem is the fuel economy sucks so it's more of a cruise around vehicle now. We do wave at other blazer drivers and I do have pictures of parking it next to other Blazers.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Barbie, Ronald Reagan, David Beckham, Lara Croft, Dasiy Duke, Mork, the crew of M.A.S.H., Steve McQueen, and last but not least, damn near everyone from the U.S.A. in WWII, to name just a few.........

Yep, I'll stand in that crew of Jeep drivers....LOL

·
Registered
410 Posts
For the days I am feeling my "Barbie" side:

And then I drive this on my "Ken" days:

Man that's beautiful. Love the old K5 and several other off road vehicles. On my 4th Wrangler and love it but completely respect other worthy vehicles. The Wrangler is in a class of its own but I'm not sure how any enthusiast could hate on something like that or even an old International Scout.

The OP had the right attitude. Have confidence in your build and laugh it off...

·
Registered
351 Posts
The K5 dude is a dick, yes.

Barbie drives a Jeep because Barbie has good taste in cars. She didn't get a boring old Toyota Corolla or a CRV or whatever, she got a Jeep. She likes cars with character! She likes off roading.. those are all good things in my book, and Barbie has class.

Let's face it, if Barbie were real, and posted on this forum, you'd probably want to hang out with her because she's cool and drives a Jeep.

Katy Perry sings about being a freak in a jeep. Not a freak in a Blazer.

Michael Jackson even has a song about driving in his Jeep. :)

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Driving on US 60, leaving Apache Junction, I pass a beat to siht 70's era K5 Blazer, and on his back window, in large pink letters:

"So you drive a Jeep? So does Barbie"

I bust out laughing :)

I was gonna give him a thumbs up, but he did not look over at me ... oh well.
My mom had one as a daily driver from when it was new in 79 till parked in 90 (still runs and sitting in the barn).

Anyway, my response would be nice mom-mobile!

·
Registered
478 Posts
K5 Blazer is (to me anyway) one of the most iconic, thougher, best looking trucks ever made in the U.S.
I always loved them and always will. Ppl can hate all they want, it's all up to you how you take it.
The OP had the RIGHT attitude in my opinion. Shame you didn't take a picture of it, I would have loved to see it :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts