Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I should really get a jack with a higher lift. I'm still working with two low profile alum jacks which were purchased for a sports car. They were absolutely maxed out when I did the lift on my Jk, and my brothers Taco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
664 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I should really get a jack with a higher lift. I'm still working with two low profile alum jacks which were purchased for a sports car. They were absolutely maxed out when I did the lift on my Jk, and my brothers Taco.

I have one of those too. The pittsburgh one is a BEAST in comparison. Makes the low profile jack look like one of my kids' toys. lol
I used the beast for my lift but the toy came in handy as a second jack to help lift things in to place or raise the opposite side of the axle. So those will still come in handy. :)

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Nice deal!

I have this one. Got it for the lift height as well... 23-3/4"

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-low-profilelong-reach-steel-heavy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-60678.html

2 ton was still plenty. The 3 ton ones only went to 19".

I've got this one too and I love the lift height.

Only thing I don't like is even when I turn the release dial slowly as soon as it starts to release pressure it just drops like a rock. The description says 'dial for precise control' but that sure ain't mine. Wonder if I got a bad one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I've got one of those ultra heavy ones. But for my lift kit installation, I decided it would be nice to have a second floor jack on hand. I bought one of those lightweight aluminum ones they have out now. Now, I have never had a problem with the heavy one, and I still don't. But, I have to tell you, it was really nice having a much lighter jack. I'm sure I'll keep the heavy one, but the go to jack will be the lightweight aluminum one.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've got this one too and I love the lift height.

Only thing I don't like is even when I turn the release dial slowly as soon as it starts to release pressure it just drops like a rock. The description says 'dial for precise control' but that sure ain't mine. Wonder if I got a bad one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The dial on mine is very sensitive, but if I'm careful I can get mine to lower the vehicle slowly. If no matter how slowly you go it goes from holding the vehicle to dropping it I'd say you might have a defective unit.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
The dial on mine is very sensitive, but if I'm careful I can get mine to lower the vehicle slowly. If no matter how slowly you go it goes from holding the vehicle to dropping it I'd say you might have a defective unit.
I'm thinking that's the case with mine. I've turned it one millimeter at a time, stopping each time until it releases. Freight elevator to hell everytime.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I've got one of those ultra heavy ones. But for my lift kit installation, I decided it would be nice to have a second floor jack on hand. I bought one of those lightweight aluminum ones they have out now. Now, I have never had a problem with the heavy one, and I still don't. But, I have to tell you, it was really nice having a much lighter jack. I'm sure I'll keep the heavy one, but the go to jack will be the lightweight aluminum one.

Love my alum. jacks. Bought the first one probably 10years ago. It's great to be able to pick the sucker up and move it around without much hassle. Bought the second one when doing a clutch swap on my Lotus if memory serves.

Great jacks, just wish they had a higher lift version. Wait, maybe they do? To the google machine!

Reactions: Maxxx

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Same jack here, same sensitivity you describe. I usually don't forget about that sensitive dial, but when I do...!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I too was in the market for a floor jack till I discovered the bottle jack/stand combo. It takes up much less room and fits my needs perfectly. Just offering it up as an option for those of us with limited storage for tools....

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts